1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Pillows

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by kuemper, Mar 29, 2007.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] How many pillows are on your bed? Are they there to sleep on or look pretty?

There are 5 pillows, all squashed down and in need of desperate fluffing, on my bed. I don't have anything purty or useless (unless you count my hubby).

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 44 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Pillows (44 votes.)

How many pillows are on your bed? (Choose 1)
    * 1-2 - 52% (23)
    * 3-4 - 34% (15)
    * 5-6 - 11% (5)
    * 7-8 - 2% (1)
    * 9 or more - 0% (0)
    * I don't use a pillow - 0% (0)
    * I sleep on my SO/roommate/pet - 0% (0)

How many are there to look pretty? (Choose 1)
    * 1-2 - 9% (4)
    * 3-4 - 2% (1)
    * 5-6 - 0% (0)
    * 7 or more - 0% (0)
    * I have decorative things other than pillows (stuffed toys, dolls, a big rock) - 2% (1)
    * My pillows are used to sleep on not "look pretty"! - 82% (36)
    * My spouse won't let me touch the pillows - 5% (2)

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I have three pillow, two normal ones and a «body pillow» which is quite large. They are for sleeping not decorating.

3. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I used to have 3 pillows, but now I've only got one for sleeping on. With a select few soft toys~ ^^
    Oh and by the way, what does SO mean?

4. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

I think SO means Significant Other. Could be wrong though. Personally, I have 2 pillows, both used for sleep.

5. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

Oohh....I see....Yeah that makes sense I guess.

I'd probably have more pillows on my bed if it were bigger. Or next to the wall. ^^ Then I wouldn't need to worry about dropping anything on the ground (my poor poor stuffed toys...).

6. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Two pillows, for sleeping on. Decorations belong in the living room, since I'm sleeping most of the time when I'm in the bedroom anyway. ;)

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

SO is Significant Other (gives TBA a cookie). It's easier to say than listing spouse/wife/hubby/partner/etc.. I've lived with people who have "decorator pillows" and it's a pain in the booty. You can't sleep on them, or touch them in any way and taking them off the bed is a real :nono: .

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Two buckwheat pillows for sleeping and two throw pillows for between the knees or other comfort positions.

9. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I'm a 6 pillows kind of guy... and they're made for sleeping. ;)

10. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Two pillows on my bed, neither of which is decorative..

11. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

3 pillows, two of equal softness and "texture", and one that's a bit harder. I use 'em all for sleeping on, just not all at once. I don't make my bed so using pillows for decorative purposes wouldn't really help.

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I need a place to put my arms. That's usually under my pillow. I don't really need the pillow for my head. I just want to put my arms at the place where my head seems to be and resting on my arms is not as comfy as resting my head on the pillow.

If I had no arms, I wouldn't need my pillow.

I only got one, for sleeping. Sometimes I use more, but not for sleeping. Not for decoration either.

13. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Used to have several but over the years I learned I would evict all but one as I slept - so I got rid of all but 1.

When the bed is made up properly (admittedly not a daily or sometimes even weekly event) it looks odd with only one pillow. But living the solitary life means - no one but me sees it. So there.

14. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

One pillow, I guess it's used for sleeping, although I usually curl some blanket between my head and the pillow. As for the kind of pillow, it's flat as flat can be. Not fluffy, not elevated, no neck support or fancy shapes... just a flat rectangle. That's probably why I've resorted to using part of my blanket haha...

My mom uses a leg pillow. Just a random tidbit :)

I wonder if anyone here will post that they sleep with one of those life-size human pillows :D

15. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    1 and I don't particularly like them fluffy. I kind of sleep with my face on my hand anyway. Used to sleep like MoN, with both hands under the pillow.

16. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

3 pillows arranged so as to provide an incline (acid reflux). But I mostly sleep on the couch nowadays.

17. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, *I* use two - they're pretty flattened. I'm much like MoN and Uytuun; my left arm crooks up between the pillows to support my head against the elbow, then my right hand sits between the top pillow and my cheek; I guess I'm keeping my face out of even a soft pillow so I can still breathe whilst asleep.

But there are actually SIX pillows on the bed at most times. Two have fancy pillow shams that the wife (and ONLY she) will remove and place safely aside when going to bed. I don't see the point in the decoration when we never let anyone see the bedroom, but it keeps her happy and me steak-knife free. :D

18. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Three normal pillows and one big body pillow do it for me. I toss and turn a lot so they're all useful.

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I struggle to see how anybody could possibly need more than one pillow.......

20. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I agree with HB, I only have one pillow and only need one. It was excellent new, but it's getting worse with age. I might need to find a different one soon.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.