1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Poll: most underrated NPC

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by sminnis, Nov 14, 2000.

1. sminnis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] It's clear from the board that several NPC's aren't getting used much. Anybody using or having had used them should speak up in their defenses. Here's mine:

Mazzy. Give her one of the giant-strength girdles and the Gesen bow and then plant her profiency points in bow. Makes for fabulous range support who can be pretty damn mean toe-to-toe also. Plus, from a role-playing perspective, she's just fun. Her dialogue is interesting and all over the map tone-wise. Plus, who can really resist a dreadlocked halfling? ;)

(Yes, yes. I know they're not really dreads...but you know what I'm talking about. Please, no self-righteous comments from wannabe Rastafarians.)

[This message has been edited by sminnis (edited November 14, 2000).]

2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I think with so few characters, everbody gets used more than in BG. I always thought people really underused Coran, Quayle, and Tiax. I liked all of them. In BG2, Mazzy is underused, but I hate her points in the small sword. I know she's a halfling, but her little brother uses a two handed, the least she should use is a long sword. In my opinion, Jahiera doesn't get much press, but if you give her gauntlets of ogre power and points in scmitar and sword and shield and dagger, give her rashad's talon(or import frost brand from BG1), she makes a good front line spell caster and fighter. I find her spells a nice compliment to Ariee's spells, and she has some cool different ones.(side note: druid spells are so much better in BG2, talk about worthless in BG1.) She is annoying, but people don't down Minsc, and so help me if I hear him say "Ah, we are all heroes. You and Boo and I. Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice. Squeak, squeak", I might have to whack him across the back of the head.

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited November 14, 2000).]

3. Thaumas Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I gave her one of the giant strength girdles and the sling that gives strength bonus to damage (Sling of Seeking) and she does more damage with that than in melee. And I love some of her spells.

4. Mobeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I think I LOVE Mazzy! And to think I just "accidentally" have her in my group! (I dropped H. Dalis to pick up Valygar and was headed for the Temple Ruins/Shade Lord. I expected to just rescue Mazzy and send her on her way. Well, that ungrateful wench Jaheira, sneaks off in the night and leaves me. No, it wasn't THAT..she left a note and went back to the harpers. And after all I did for her, even stepping up for her at least twice for the harpers!) So, I rescued Mazzy and let her join us. Boy!! Did we ever pulverize that ol' Shade Lord and especially the Shade Dragon!!

Mazzy had 5* in short bow and 3* in short sword. I equiped her with my Tuigan Bow. (a little less strength wise than her own, but it fires 3 shots per round) With a stack of +2 arrows, that Shadow Dragon was a pin cushion practically before he even woke up! It was still a tough battle, but Mazzy was about the only one making damage on just about every hit. (Also had Minsc/Lilacor; Valygar/Cel Fury; Me/Dragons Bane; plus Jan and a mage) Everyone helped, but Mazzy was AWESOME!!

We stopped by Trademeet market and picked up Tansherons +3 bow (the one that fires phantom arrows). Now Mazzy's got bones in her hair and scales in her teeth! We're a-goin' Dragon Huntin' !!

(So take THAT, Jaheira, you..you.. Ah, whatever!)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.