1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Kids kids kids!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Felinoid, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

[​IMG] Poll made on request. ;)

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 63 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Kids kids kids! (63 votes.)

How many kids do you have currently (including buns in the oven)? (Choose 1)
    * None - 79% (50)
    * 1 - 8% (5)
    * 2 - 5% (3)
    * 3 - 8% (5)
    * 4 - 0% (0)
    * 5 - 0% (0)
    * 6 - 0% (0)
    * 7 - 0% (0)
    * 8 - 0% (0)
    * 9 - 0% (0)
    * 10+ (please post exact number) - 0% (0)

How many kids (current + future) do you want to have? (Choose 1)
    * None - 25% (16)
    * 1 - 6% (4)
    * 2 - 41% (26)
    * 3 - 17% (11)
    * 4 - 5% (3)
    * 5 - 2% (1)
    * 6 - 0% (0)
    * 7 - 0% (0)
    * 8 - 3% (2)
    * 9 - 0% (0)
    * 10+ (please post exact number) - 0% (0)

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Thankfully, I don't have any ankle-biters right now. But in the next 5 years or so, I wouldn't mind have a mini-Kitrax running around, followed by a little girl 2-3 years later. :thumb: :rolling:

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    What I really WANT is about dozen kids or so, but since I know htat i s rather improbable (even if I livwe in a town where 15 kids is not that unusual) so I rounded it down to how many I think I will have and want to have in a reasobnable way.

Eight :D

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Like I said, I'm an undecided tilting on the "no" side. I might consider it if I ever find a decent woman not brainwashed by our hypersexualized society.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Eight? That is very interesting, Arabwel. I don't know many families with that many children.

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Come to Utah.

My mom's old time friend had her 9th child last year. My old boss's assistant was #5 out of 10 kids in her family. There's a family down the street that has 10 kids too...but they might have had one more...they were at 10 when I moved out almost 2 years ago. :eek:

As for a more reasonable number of kids, my mom is from a family of 5, and for some reason, she decided to have 5 kids too, and now my sister is up to 4 kids, and is talking about one more within the next two years or so. :rolleyes:

Idealy, I'd like one boy and one girl, in that order...but if it takes having 5 kids to get at least one of each gender, than that's what it will be! :p :rolling:

7. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

it's not seen often to have more than 3 kids in denmark, mostly 2 or so i think.

i don't have any kids PT, i'm eighteen..
    but i think i'll have 2 or 3 at some time

8. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

None, none, and none.
    Though we are considering a second dog, does that count?

9. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    My ideal family is complete with my two boys. Maybe someday we'll take in a foster child, but there will be no more Rallykids in this generation.

I used to think I wanted a daughter, then Arlyn came along. I got used to the idea of having a son, and it's been utterly wonderful. When I became pregnant with Marcus I was rather relieved to learn he was also a boy - I thought I had a handle on this raising-a-son thang, but I was clueless as to what to do with a girl! :lol: :roll:

The other reasons for being relieved to have sons are better left to the Alleys. ;)

10. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Three lovely little girls, that will take al my money and leave me home to drool in my oatmeal. I wanted a son but what ever higher power you do or don't believe in overulled and I have all girls. I love them all, but they drive me crazy, I rarely get to talk, and when I do they rarely listen.

11. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    How old are they, Brallrock? Maybe we can work something out - if not a trade or arranged marriage, at least a prom date. ;)

I think Arlyn's calendar is mostly open, if we schedule around soccer, karate, and Hebrew school. The only thing I know he has coming up is a date with MoN's niece.

Marcus' calendar is wide open!

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I have 1 and don't want anymore. I would like a pet though. Do they count as children? :grin:

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm a mother of four :xx:

Seriously I don't have any children and no planning any time soon :mommy:

I'm not too sure if I want to have children i nthe future, or how many, or whether or not I *should* have children :p

14. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

My girls are spread from the oldest Abbrielle at 11y/o, to Jadyn will be 4 in July, to Taya who is 1 y/o. I'll have to check our schedule, but we homeschool so we are pretty flexible.

15. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Oh, I fancy every once in a while of having 2x boy'n'girl, but I doubt will have those in reality. Too much trouble, need to find permanent partners, and -of course- the money to support that trouble.

So 'none' to both questions.

16. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Bleck! I really strongly dislike kids... the only way I would ever have one is if I was truly in love with someone who really wanted one... then we'll see. No kids for me, hopefully.

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Kit, a girl who grew up next foor to my mom has 18 kids - Utah has noth9ing on this town. Hell, a friend of mine wnet to her class reunion last dfall (she is 2 years older than me) and one of the girls was already prengnant with her third child.

18. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I have no kids (thankfully, or that would really screw up my school life) and I want 3. A daughter first, then after that a boy, then another boy.

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    None yet. ;) I don't want to give any specific number because I don't believe in that. ;) Basically, as many as I can support and take care of, which means neither just one to inherit the junk nor a small class. ;) Can't predict my future wage and living circumstances or the amount of time at my hands, so I can't give you any number. ;)

20. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Just the one for now but expect another within the next 5 years or so ;)

8, eventually. Ara, want to draw up dating schedules for our sons and daughters in advance?

Brallrock, Abbrielle is a lovely name :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.