1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Kerry or Bush

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Shoshino, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    it has to be done (dont know if it has been already but alot of info has been posted on the site lately) so out with it guys

kerry or bush

non americans are not allowed to vote
    (sorry guys, im british and i feel strongly in this issue, but we really dont matter to america)

[ October 22, 2004, 23:41: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 40 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: kerry or bush (40 votes.)

kerry or bush (Choose 1)
    * Bush - 25% (10)
    * kerry - 45% (18)
    * abstain - 30% (12)

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Do you mean who we WANT to win, who we THINK will win, or who we plan to vote for?

If the first case, you need a write-in slot. I don't WANT either of these two in charge.

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I want Bill back.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    One has no brain, the other has no spine. Get a third one.

5. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    which has no spine?

and to clarify: you go down the voting booth tomorrow, and there are 2 candidates up for election, who would you vote for?

6. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

7. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Guess there's no mystery how I voted. And I also don't need to tell you all that I think you are tragically wrong...well, most of you at least.

I'm looking for a good strong sedative to take for 4 years if Kerry gets elected...if he gets in, look out...not just for the US, but the entire western world.

God, I hate being right all the time.

8. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Nothing could be further from the truth - ALL Americans: Repubicans, Dems, cons, middle-of-the-roaders and libs, owe the Brits a huge THANK YOU for being supportive and standing by us during these times. It is not partisanship, but pure gratitude for helping us out. Thanks!

Yes, HS, I'll loan you some of mine, since I've had to suffer through four years of Shrub - maybe even four more.

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    And it's tied at 3! I voted for Bush here and will vote for him on the real election day! :rolling:

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Beta Vote - the world's opinion on this.

11. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

:rolleyes:

According to Ara's link, Azerbadjan, Barbados, Congo, Liechtenstein, Montserrat, Niger, Niue, St. Pierre and Miquelon, and Turkmenistan are the only ones where Bush is winning, and of these, Niger(which someone have cheated in, a small article at the bottom of the page) and Congo are the only ones which he have a convincing lead in.

Hell, even in USA, Kerry is leading with 74% against 25%.

Total, when I voted, it was Bush with 11% against Kerry's 88%.

Quite convincing that the world hates Bush, isn't it?

[ October 23, 2004, 22:28: Message edited by: Caleb* ]

12. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Wow - if that's accurate, then the world hates Bush even more than I thought.

I'm British, so this doesn't really count, but - I want Kerry in simply so Bush is out. Then all we need is for Teflon Tony to lose his election (but to whom?).

13. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Personally, I think that this poll is just as accurate (currently Bush 57 - Kerry 43) and a hell of a lot more fun.

14. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Well not really, the vote really doesen't seem to realiable and I doubt the people who said they're from Congo really aren't from Kongo and besides most internet polls are just completely useless.

I would like to comment this mass hysteria about Bush a bit and I just as well might do it here.

I really do not understand what's the big deal with him? I fail to see exactly how Bush is not just like any normal American president? What do you exactly think is the worst possible thing he could do? He may be stupid but he sure as hell ain't stupid enough start another war with the American army allready streched to its limits.

He might back down from international treaties but as an American president that is his choise and it's really the American people who choose what kind of foreign policy they want to see from their president. His actions might hurt the global economy but that too is his choise and if he wishes to do so then let him do so.

The damage he can do in one season is quite limited and if he does too much damage it's quite likely that we'll see a democratic president after four years, who'll (atleast try) set things right. I'm really getting sick of hearing the "If Bush is chosen we're all doomed!" chant. Lighten up people it's only one man and four years. I'm sure there are plenty enough Americans (well hopefully those on this board atleast :D ) who won't believe every word said in the Fox News.

EDIT: Thought I'd said a few words about Kerry too now that we're discussing them both here. The man seems decent enough and certainly seems more patient and intelligent in the debates than Bush, but he's been talking about quite a few "better plans" and I do not know if all these "better plans" would actually be good for America since it would be quite a policy change. He would be my candidate though based on the debates and the fact that I'm an European and Kerry would probably be a better choise for the European economy. ;)

[ October 24, 2004, 01:57: Message edited by: Morgoroth ]

15. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Don't only blame the democrats.

16. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Well from what I've seen from Hacken Slash on these forums I'll assume that it was sarcasm (allthough you never know ), but I'm afraid the anti-bush camp is quite serious with their claims.

17. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Great Snook, that was hilarious, and yes I voted for Bush in that poll. He was simply the better dancer. The link deserves its own topic though.

18. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Believe it or not it was The Little Snook who found that. I asked him how he voted and he claims he voted twice for Bush. I told him if you voted twice you probably are a Democrat :) . At that point Mrs. Snook yelled at me.

19. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Yes, and the voting machines will strangely register for Pat Buchanan.

20. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The hiphop debate reminded me of an oldie but goodie from the 2000 election. Gore clearly wins this one!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.