1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: iPOD NANO - Yea or nay?

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Enagonios, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Hi all, my parents are offering to get me an iPOD NANO for xmas this year and ordinarily I'd say yes right away, but I've been hearing some stuff about it, like it's defective, and has lots of bugs and glitches. So, I was wondering:

how many of you guys have an iPOD NANO or know people that do? What do you know, or have you heard about it, and based on that knowledge, would you recommend my buying one? Because it's going to be covered by a 1-year warranty period, but I don't want to have to keep going back to have it fixe if it's indeed as buggy as I've heard. Thanks guys.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 5 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: iPOD NANO - Yea or nay? (5 votes.)

iPOD NANO - Yea or nay? (Choose 1)
    * Yea! - 60% (3)
    * Nay! - 40% (2)

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You people just don't learn do you!?

So I'm going to say this once more:

The iPod and all it's variants are nothing but trendy crap!

Let me ask you a few questions...
    • Does it have a built in FM radio tuner?
    • Does it have a "removable disk" feature?
    • Does it have a built in voice recorder?
    • Does it come in any other color besides white or black?
    • Does it support "drag and drop" file transfer?
    • Does it have a removable battery...or do you have to send the entire unit back to Apple for replacement?
    Oh, but it's so cute! :bang:

Every single iPod, from the Gen1 to every model since, is nothing more than a overly trendy load of junk. Read some reviews from a credited magazine and compare it to the Zen Micro Photo. The only downside to the Zen Micro Photo is that it's a little thicker than the ipod nano...big f***ing deal. The Zen Micro surpasses the ipod nano an almost every field!

Also, feel free to read up on my earlier thread.

[End Rant] :rolling:

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Kitrax

while I agree that the zen micro is a more practical buy, from trying to operate my friend's zen micro i know that it's version of the touchpad is a bitch to use :bang:

and I DID see your last thread :p

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Do you meant that it's either too sensitive, or not sensitive enough? Or are you referring to the navagation?

You can customize both, the touch sensitivity and the navagation menu...if you didn't already know that. :thumb:

To change the touch sensitivity, go Menu > System > Player Settings > TouchPad. There you can turn the "clicker" noise on or off, and adjust the sensitivity.

To customize the navagation menus, you go Menu > System > Player Settings > Configure Menu.

It's that easy! :rolling:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.