1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Help me with this poll will ye?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Zephyr Angel, May 17, 2004.

1. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Hey, I am having this really big project to do and I nedd to survey you guys. Tell me you would do this for me....? Please? Oh preeetty pleeeaase?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 29 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Help me with this poll will ye? (29 votes.)

How often do you game? (Choose 1)
    * Not at all (Okay, its kinda dumb, but somebody's gotta put it...) - 10% (3)
    * Less than 1 hour - 7% (2)
    * Less than 2 hours - 14% (4)
    * Less than 3 hours - 14% (4)
    * More than 3 hours - 41% (12)
    * I really can't be bothered with my frequencies! - 14% (4)

2. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

What relevance does this have to BG2?

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I see two problems with this poll.

1. What time frame are you talking about? Daily, Weekly, etc. I assume daily as none of the time frames exceed a few hours. However, for most people it will vary from day-to-day. People (I would think) tend to play either more or less on weekends, depending on what else they have going on in their lives. Take me for example. I'll play for a couple of hours each day during the week, but on weekends, I usually have too much going on to play much at all.

2. This should be in whatnots.

4. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I have a lot of free time lately, and so i play a lot of games, at least half the day i'd say. Or better... night. :D

5. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31

Okay, it is on the duration of daily. Satisfied?

Well, thanks, and keep'em coming. Either that or my groupies get to hang my head on the door.

6. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

It depends... Sometimes I game all night long for one week straight. Sometimes I don't game for 2 or more weeks (or only some hours a week).

Here in Europe, as in America, we're beginning to feel the summer lights, and I just can't game during day because...my pc is next to the window. (neh, stupid reason, but hey)

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

On and off through out the day, over three hours.

8. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31

Man, this can go a loooooong way...

9. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'm starting to wonder what sort of project this poll is for, and how accurate it could be. (Take Aldeth's comment for instance. ) Just keep in mind that the majority of people here are gamers, so we SPer's aren't a good representative group for the GENERAL population. So then the poll is biased (towards longer gaming times) because of the people you are asking.

If you intend to find out how long a true gamer (like us SPer's) would spend on a game daily, then it seems like you need to divide up the "more than 3 hours of gaming" option into finer partitions. Then you can tell between people playing 4 hours a day from those playing 8 hours a day.

Anyways, that's my two (Canadian) cents. I voted 3+ hours btw.

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I chose this only because it makes absolutely no sense. :grin:

11. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31

To tell you the truth, I need a poll done BY gamers. And if the A-Levels ever came into you life, well, lets just say that I have a bitter and hard task ahead.

Well, I kinda did this in a hurry, so, eventhough I appreciate your comments, I am very sensitive to this... boo hoo.

One more thing, I am a Red Wizard of Thay, if anyone of you thinks of wise-cracking, I'll unleash my horde of Edwin simulacrums at you guys. Oh, and a few Pit Fiends... :p :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.