1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Poll: Favourite NPC (Not only party members)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Loogy, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Loogy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] My favourite npc was the spector beholder, the one in shauguin city and sendai's lair !
    LOL !!!!

I love this guy, "Gonna find a hive, check the ladies..."
    LOL !!!!!!!!!!

[ May 28, 2003, 18:58: Message edited by: Loogy ]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Cat. It always has Nothing to say to me. :D

3. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

the troll chef... or possibly sameon ooor however you spell the guy's name! I think Irenicus is reaaaaally cool too.. his voice is great, really freaks you out in the mad scientist way! :)

4. Seid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I like Irenicus too. I also like Elminster. He is REALLY powerful.

Edit:
    ***NO TOB SPOILERS!!!***

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited July 28, 2001).]

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I think Viconia is the best, she just rocks! and then she looks good as well :D

Seid, please type spoiler before you type anything like that, and even if you did, this is the wrong forum for such information

6. Biff (the understudy).

7. Silverblade Guest

Bruenor and Wulfgar, they are just funny.

It's RED, RED I tell you!!

8. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

BODHI! She's so creepy, especially with that odd accent. " Here mousy mousy..."

9. DemoGorgon Guest

I like when Minsc says to Korgan:
    "You smeel like Boo, after he has taken a dump."

10. Ursaj Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Minsc has some hilarious lines.

"Boo needs his exercise, lest he bite us all in hard-to-reach places" or "Let us go! The butts of evil await my footprint!"

*EDWIN SPOILER ALERT BELOW*

Also, after the Nether Scroll changes Edwin to a woman, his "Stop looking at me!"-quote(as well as everyone's comments about her new look) kept me laughing 'till the end of the chapter.

Another funny story was when I did the Unseeing Eye quest and was in the temple of Amuanator. I had Jan in my party and he started talking some weird stuff about seeing the god Oghma drunk once or something. Mazzy and Keldorn had their comments about it.

From the non-NPC's I liked the Troll Chef, Neeber(he's so stupid you have to pity him), Renal Bloodscalp(he sounds so cool, like a James Bond villain) and Bodhi(she's just creepy).

11. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Other Minsc quotes:

"I'm tired of making speeches when fighting this mage." His inflection is priceless...

And when he talks to Delon on the promenade..."Boo is furious. See his fury! It is small so you have to look close. But it is there."

The bit with the pirate lord is a gem as well...

12. Gibben Gems: 2/31

I kinda like Edwin's one good line: "Yeeessss, Master . . . WHAT shall I FETCH NOW?!?"

Heard it several hundred times, now, and it still gets me every time.

13. Seid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sorry about that. I didn't think it was a real spoiler since it isn't really a part of the game.

14. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Bodhi and Irenicus may not be the most RELEVANT villains (why the hell do THEY crop up after Sarevok), but they're creepy and interesting. I was so freaked out when I found out that Irenicus was

** SPOILER **

An ELF!!! (Well, an elven exile named ... Joneleth?

** END SPOILER **

Jan always makes me laugh. Especially what he sais when your reputation gets too high.... ^_^

15. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] "Edwin do this Edwin do that.
    -Somebody give this jerk a banana!"

16. shadow_thief Guest

Drunk People. "I need some ale..."

17. Ursaj Gems: 2/31

I found a lot of good Minsc quotes. Enjoy:

-This behavior must not continue. Feel the burning stare of my hamster! And change your wayyyyyss...
    -I must get aid soon...Boo is too young to have to avenge me.
    -Aaahh, we are all heroes! You and Boo and I! Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!
    -AHHH! Mincs will be free! These bonds will not hold my wrath! Butts will be liberally kicked in good measure!
    -It cannot be! I would sooner tear out my eyes than strike down innocent animals! Well, perhaps only one eye... but do not think me any less incensed!
    -I won't cry for the dead! I won't! Ok, maybe a little, but I will staunch the flow of tears with righteous fury! Lullaby and goodnight, evil! Minsc will make you pay!

-"Hey! Hey you there! Fella with the painted head!"
    "Yes? You talking to Minsc?"
    "Yes, you! See this mighty fine sphere, here? You can have it for your very own for a mere 500 gold pieces! What do you say?"
    "Boo says such a sphere will not fit into my pocket, if I can't carry it with me, it's just not a good buy."
    "Oh, er...the l'il fella says all that, does he?"
    "Yes indeed. Boo is exceptionally smart for a hamster. Smarter than all the hucksters in Calimshan."
    "I see. What else does he say?"
    "He mutters occasionally about fellow hamsters that will kill you all, but he is just moody, so don't worry. See how he glares? Shhh, we should leave him be."

-"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!"
    "Minsc, could you please maintain a little grace while in nature's presence? Sometimes I simply do not know how you came by your title of ranger."
    "Do you wish me dour and sour like most others? No, I say not. The animals run and play without care, and I would too... if such a thing would not squish Boo flat."
    "But your duties are serious things, Minsc. Do you realize that?"
    "I am very serious! Boo would not let me shirk my duties! I would not want to shirk anything! No sir, no shirking!"
    "Admirable Minsc, but you use that word like you don't know what it means."
    "Eh, well... no... but it sounds sharp and painful and I always reserve such things for freaks that might steal those squirrels' nuts!"
    "Good job, Minsc. You keep it up."

-No! Boo is NOT for eating! Boo is mighty and wise and probably quite stringy. Er, and he is my companion!

18. Gwyddyon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Minsc has to be my favorite (in my game he's just started to get a bit more insane), followed by Jaheira (I can hear the booing and hissing now), Neeber/Noober, and that guy that throws a scimitar at you ;) But none of them can compare to Larry, Darryl, and Darryl (SP?) in BGI :D

19. FireNova Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I think Jan and Minsc or Viconia and Minsc are the best duo comedians in the game. Jan talks to much about turnips and stories and then trys to take Minsc' hamster. Viconia with her one line saying something like "Minsc does that symbol on your forhead have any tribal meaning or did some preschooler attack you with blue pastels." Minsc (I almost always mispell his name) is the best entertaining party member you can get.

20. shadow_thief Guest

I remember once when my dad was playin his game and I was watching(since he just kicked me off the computer) and Minsc cried in battle: "Ah we are all heroes! You, boo and-" He gets hit. "-augh!"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.