1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Do you wear glasses?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shell, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    The return of the Queen of the Weird Polls!

Glasses = spectacles, reading aids.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 64 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Do you wear glasses? (64 votes.)

Do you wear glasses? (Choose 1)
    * Yes, permanently - 55% (35)
    * No - 20% (13)
    * Occasionally (for reading etc) - 16% (10)
    * I wear contact lenses - 9% (6)

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Eh, why not?

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I voted: Yes, permanently but they aren't really permanent. I can and do take them off. I do not sleep with them for instance. :)

I have also reached the stage where I can see far distances quite well without them. :geezer:

4. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Need them to read really, but I don't wear them. They make me look funny.

5. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

For vanity I am thine slave, I only wear glasses at home, near always contacts in public.

6. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I have an odd fault with my eyes. It has to do with 3d vision. At work they are vital.(warehouse), but at home optional or useless. gaming is done whitout, but driving,.... It cannot be correcte by contacts.

7. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    Permanent, although my eyesight is not that bad yet. Just gotten too used to it, that I feel uncomfortable without them.

I have contacts too, but I rarely wear them. My nails are too long, makes it really difficult to remove them.

8. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

yes, i need them permanantly or else i can't see clearly in my dream. My glasses has shaped itself to fit my head because i wear it too long.

9. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Contacs and glasses. Reading is fine, distances are bad. ;)

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    yup. glasses, always. occasionally even to ed... y eyes are -3.5 and -12 with some other stuff going on so I am pretty much useless without my glasses. and depth perception? A joke.

11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Contacts, because they are more practical... no peripheral vision with glasses, and contacts are like seeing with normal eyes.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Like Nakia said, yes I permanently wear glasses, but I don't sleep or bathe with them on. It's going to be interesting the next time I have the funds for new glasses. My vision is 85% blind in my right eye and very blurry with what I can see. :lol:

And before the next poll comes out - they are lightweight, plastic lenses with blue titanium frames. :p

13. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I usually wear glasses, but I lost them a few weeks back, and haven't gotten around to replacing them yet... which goes to show has badly I 'need' them. I have been feeling very tired lately, and if I'm up for a long time (especially behind a screen) my eyes get kinda strained. This might be because of my lack of glasses. I tried contacts for a bit, but it was a fight to get them in, I couldn't control my blinking reflexes and almost panicked every time, so I went back to glasses.
    Besides, I have (had x_x) fancy ones that looked classy ^_<
    :borg:

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

How come EVERYBODY'S eyes are so bad these days? Does anyone have a logical explanation for this?

15. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    Probably due to the prevalence of the two idiot boxes... the computer and the tv :D

16. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Because survival of the fittest went out the window quite a while ago. Bad genes are more easily passed along and propogated when bad eyesight won't get you killed.

17. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Fel is at least partly correct. I inherited my poor eyesight from my father.

18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Surely the genetic argument has not manifested itself in my lifetime alone. I'm sure that 20 years ago, not as many people had glasses as they do now. That can't be genetics. You have to actually have a few (hundred) generations for that to kick in, don't you?

Plus, how can it be computers? If computers made your eyes go bad then how come everyone's eyes don't keep getting progressively worse and worse from continued use?

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Nope. I have switched to contact lenses 12 years ago, and I have never looked back ever since. Besides, if I wore glasses, I wouldn't be able to wear my vital sunglasses with orange glasses.

20. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Nope, I dont have need of glasses. Were that different I would use contacts, for the reason Ilmater's Suffering put forth. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.