1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Condoleezza Rice vs. Hillary Clinton for President

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Kitrax, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ok, take your mindset off of Bush and former Pres. Clinton for a moment and focus on just these two women for who they are. Now consider the possibility that they end up running against each other in the 2008 presidential election.

Who would you vote for any why? :hmm:

As for me, I'd vote for Condoleezza Rice. I have several reasons why I'd vote for her, but many more reasons why I *would not* vote for Hillary. Besides being as stubborn and dumb as her party's political sign, she's still a Clinton. The US made that mistake before...and I hope it doesn't happen again. :bad:

As for a prediction, I'm guessing that more people will vote for Hillary due to the fact that 90% of the world hates Bush and anything relating to him with a passion. :bad: :nono:

But that's just my guess. :rolling:

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 26 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Condoleezza Rice vs. Hillary Clinton for President (26 votes.)

Who would you vote for: Condoleezza Rice or Hillary Clinton? (Choose 1)
    * Condoleezza Rice - 31% (8)
    * Hillary Clinton - 69% (18)

2. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

and they repeated that mistake of having a Bush again ;)

Females make better leaders, but I don't think that Condi or Hillary are great choices, but if I had to choose one, I would go for Rice. Why? Because Rice has no interest in N.Ireland. You cannot imagine how frustrating it was having Bill and Hillary 'sorting us out'.

3. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    if i were a US citizen i would vote for hillary clinton.
    i dont know much about her but i do know that having watched press releases by rice she seems to have the same lack of common sense and the same short sightedness as bush

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Do you have anything to back up that statement with...?

And if I was American and those were my options - I wouldn't vote. Both choices suck, so why bother?
    But then, if I was American I would probably looking to immigrate ASAP...

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Well, despite being presented with a choice of two shi!t sandwiches, I guess I'd go with Hillary there.

6. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Various University and news reports claim that females make better leaders and Ireland has no complaints with its female presidents, past and present.

If I was American I would vote 3rd party, instead of choosing a lesser *******.

7. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Neither. If those were my two choices, I wouldn't even bother to vote. Now if there were an independant on the ballot that I could respect...

9. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

If I voted, it'd probably be Hillary. Still, most other candidates would be preferable over either of the two.

10. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I don't know the inner politics of US well, but it seems like an election between sh!t sandwich and giant syringe (South Park :) ). But I think Rice is less human than Bush( yes it is shocking that somebody is lower than him), so I would vote for Hillary Clinton

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

As I pointed out in the Clinton thread, I think people would vote for Hilary because they might just 'like' her a bit more than the stern Rice. Their actual effectiveness at doing anything would probably be a minor issue.

12. Killjoy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Condi vs. Hillary? Ugh, what an awful race that would be. Neither is really a lesser evil, but given Condi's record of service in the Bush administration, Hillary would probably get my vote.

13. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Meh...I think Aldeth framed it in exactly the right terms. Sh!t sandwich on rye or white toast.

I think they'd both make terrible presidents. Condi for being a yes man (woman), political prop and woefully unqualified for the job, and Hillary for being a political lightening rod who, as T2 nicely illustrated in another thread, has a history of blowing it when given every opportunity to accomplish great things.

That's how I see it anyway. I certainly invite others to convince me either way. But if I had to make a gun-to-your-head choice right now, I'd choose Hillary. Our government needs to be clensed of any taint of the current administration, Republican or otherwise.

14. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I thought the election wasn't until 2008? What's all the fuss about it now?

15. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'd write in Mickey Mouse -- who, by the way, is the top write in candidate for every election over the past 50 years.

16. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    if you vote for Hilly, you get Bill. That will keep a lot of press away from Hilly.

Tour person: And this is the east wing...

17. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Rice is more bent than a 3 bob note.

18. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

"if you vote for Hilly, you get Bill."

I count it as one of her redeeming features, actually. Besides, having Bill Clinton as a first "lady" is the most ironical comeback for the Lewinski affair that I can imagine :D .

19. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I'd vote for the woman running on the Libertarian ticket anytime! ;) There's no way I'd vote for any "Demopublican".

20. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Well...if I were an American citizen (which I'm not)...I'd just not vote. :p

Then again, as I said, I'm not a citizen, so I dunno how it matters either way...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.