1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Are you an Aussie or are you currently living in Aust. ?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by shadow lurker, Nov 15, 2005.

1. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Just something I thought of while I was bored and had nothing better to do. :D How many forum members here are Australian or currently live in Australia? Raise your hands people! :D

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 7 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Are you an Aussie or are you currently living in Aust. ? (7 votes.)

Are you an Aussie or are you currently living in Aust. ? (Choose 1)
    * AUSSIE! - 43% (3)
    * Living in Australia! - 57% (4)

2. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

You may want to re-jig your poll, shadow lurker - I didn't see an option for "No, I'm not".

Of course, I didn't need it, but others may.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What a carzy poll. 99% of people on SP will be unable to respond to it.

4. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    Hm, perhaps you should have placed more options in the poll like what NonSequitur said. Anyways, I'm a Malaysian studying in Canberra currently (Australian National University).

5. Tillix Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Like quite some others, I`m german and spending a semester at the UNSW in Sydney. From where about are you, shadow??

6. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I have a cousin in Melbourne :D

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

i have a friend that's "studying" there now. All he does is get drunk, train jiu-jitsu and go on dates. lucky bastard. :/

but yeah, what HB said :p

8. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I have a cousin in Sydney :D

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well the closest thing to that is my pen pal who's living in New Zeland.

10. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

I think my mother's aunt's cousin lives somewhere in Autralia. If not, it's my mother's aunt's niece. I'm not entirely sure.

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31

My Aunt used to live in Australia - she still one of her houses there but she is living in her other house in France now.

Me, I live about as far away from Australia as you can get.

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You're going to find more SPers just off the north-east coast of Australia. ;)

As for me, I have a cousin that lives in Esperence (SP), all I know is that it is "near" Perth. :rolling:

13. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I have a friend who knows somebody who was in Australia! :p

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

the connections get farther and farther as this thread gets longer and longer :p

15. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Shouldn't you resond to "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!", with "Oi, Oi, Oi!"? Or isn't that an Australian custom at all and has somebody been pulling my leg?

16. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Hmm...I'm just finishing up with my 2nd year at Uni in Sydney.

3 more days and I wouldn't have been able to vote for the poll...seeing as I'm off to India for my break! :D

Edit: @Mesmero: Yes you should...for some reason I still don't know.

Any fellow Aussies here care to enlighten us?

17. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

@Harbourboy
    Well I only had a few minutes left on the 'net before I got kicked off so I didn't really think of that...
    @ Mesmero
    Hehehe...Well I was going to wait for the Aussies to post that. And yes, it is a 'custom' of sorts... Espescially shouted at sporting events against other countries for encouragement e.g the Olympics etc.

Well I myself was born in Australia (Woden Valley Hospital in the ACT to be exact), though my parents weren't. Most of my primary school friends were true blue Aussies, but living now in Sydney it is harder to find Aussies as it is extremely multicultural.

18. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

@ Mesmero: You should, but only if (1) you're drunk, (2) you're at a sporting event, or (3) you really want to.

Hey, we have to have some REAL customs and traditions, now that it seems most folks know about drop-bears (like koalas, but not as friendly).

That's the beauty of this country, though - they're all Aussies if they want to identify themselves as such. Your skin colour and racial/ethnic identity don't make you Australian or otherwise; it's just a matter of whether you view yourself as one (and I guess whether or not you're naturalised/hold citizenship).

19. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

True True... :grin: Still, I miss the atmosphere. :( I still keep in contact with my old buddies although they're really into sports and often enter competitions and play for state/national teams so they sometimes forget to reply... But it doesn't matter, sometimes I forget too. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.