1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Poetic Justice

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Jaguar, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

In the papers, there has been a classic case of poetic justice in regards to a man trying to shoot his dogs.

There is no reason to dispose of animals in such a manner, and I think that this guy got what was coming to him.

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I know! you should put them in a bag, and toss them in the river, sheesh. The guy doesnt know anything. :p

Seriously though, disposing of unwanted animals in such a way is a disgrace. I know rescue centres are swamed, but they'd rather have them, then let them be shot. This guy toatally got what he deserved.

3. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Where does he live? Does he live on a farm? If so the nearest rescue centre could be about 20-50 miles away. He'd have to drive back also. Killing animals on a farm with a gun is usually very quick and painless for the animal, provided the farmer knows how to kill them properly (been there, done that myself).

I don't know much about the state name mentioned but if it is on a farm then I don't see the guy being at fault. However if it was in an urban area then he should have taken them to an animal shelter.

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Well, the report came out of Pensacola FL, which is a fairly large city. However, this doesn't mean that the man actually lived in Pensacola. There are many rural areas through Florida as well, and there are no details in the story whether this man was living in a city, across the street from an animal shelter, or 100 miles away in the boonies. Not that I'm saying it's right to shoot animals, but I do agree that if you have ever lived on a farm, or know people that have, this is not all that unusual.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Perhaps this is a little bit off-topic, but whenever something like that happens to me, it somehow builds up my confidence in there being some justice in this world. It's not like I kill animals or hurt people, but simply that choosing the easier path doesn't always pay. Dealing with the mess after such an easy path is typically more inconvenient than choosing the more difficult path could possibly have been.

6. Abomination Gems: 26/31

I know what you're saying chev. Cleanig up the offal after killing a pig is far more messy than just handing the pig to the butchers alive... :p

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I LOVE dogs and to see any kind of cruelty to them makes my bloody boil.
    I would choose the life of a dog over the life of a human in a surprising amount of situations.

8. Abomination Gems: 26/31

I don't think killing dogs is a form of cruelty, what should he do? Let them run wild? If someone did this to a pig, nobody would give a damn, even though pigs are the closest creature to humans... or something like that... genetically or some such.

People only care because of the 'cute factor' and the 'compainionship' factor of dogs. Let me tell you, a pig can be just as smart as a dog and just as loveable. Difference is that pigs are tastier than dogs and they got more meat.

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Since it was cute and fluffuy puppies, it's poetic justice. if it were a pig, it'd just be funny. Just like abomination says.

I know my uncle often disposes of animals by shooting. Many of the dogs gthat I have played woith when I was a kid and knew when they were just little puppies went that way. Had my uncle accidentally been shot by one of them I would not be amused.

For example, here, the nearest animal center is over 100 miles away, in the nearest city, and the digs my uncle has are very unsuited for city life (hunting dogs)

So, what I try to say is... there are mitigating circumstances to everything.

Although I must admit that I'd choose the life od a dog in many cases as well.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.