1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Planning, Planning, Planning - The Biggest Problem with Iraq, there was none.

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Jschild, May 1, 2004.

1. Jschild Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Here is yet another example of the horrible planning that has gone on in post-war Iraq.

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/689932.html

If these were isolated incidents it would be one thing but stuff like this is happening everyday. Does anyone over there have one f***ing idea what they are doing over there? I am only glad that my son is waaayyyy too young to be in the military and over there. It's one thing to serve your country, another to risk dying because ou haven't recieved your body armor yet, or the pentagon won't allow you to jury rig armor plating on your humvee, or becasue they have shipped all of your supplies out of the country!!!!. They should court martial every commander who allowed a single soldier to die because of stupidity like that. Those are our sons and daughters over there and even if we don't support the invasion (I didn't), by god they should at least get leadership and support from thier commanders, not bonehead and possibly fatel screwups like this.

2. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Things like this happen in war. It is not isolated, and it has happened in every conflict that has ever been.

I am not saying that it is still poor planning, and that it should not be addressed, I am just not sure that it is really something that controversial.

Sorry if I am shooting down your post, but maybe it would be better in Whatnots. :o

I would have been nice if the article would have provided some means by which people could help out if they wanted to.

3. Jschild Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

It's not that I think this is contraversial, it is just this has been going on non-stop in Iraq. These are not minor issues that anybody can make. If you are in a hostile country and you are commander of a unit that is being sent home, you should make damn sure that the soldiers leave either at the same time as thier equipment or before thier equipment so that if an emergency arises they will have it available. This is so fricking obvious!!!! But this lack of planning has been present in post war Iraq since day one since theyo said we won...now what?

4. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Well, if I've been in that situation, I would be very upset. Luckily, we danes haven't been in a situation like this. However, I would like my bodyarmour to "disapear", as I really hate it, and because it reduces my combat abilities.

But this is just my situation. The unit mentioned can't be that screwed though, as no commander would ever put those guys in a live situation. Being in Kuwait ain't that bad...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.