1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

PLANAR SPHERE I need help ...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by yggi**, Oct 9, 2000.

1. yggi** Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I killed the Crowled Wizards mage...
    after that, you get down to a chamber
    where there are some golems...
    (i think it's the power chamber)
    A big huge slimy black UO
    (unidentified object :) )
    stands in the middle and needs to be powered
    HOW DO I GET POWER BACK ONLINE ????
    (to get back to the real world )
    I went outside , but the Tan/ari is
    simply TOO strong (there are 2 of em)
    HEEELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Armin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You absolutely need a demon heart to power the device, however I found the Tana'ri not too much of a problem (3 hasted fighters with +3 weapons usually chop one up pretty nicely ;) )

There are however 3 of them alltogether on that map, and one of them is pretty isolated and alone. Look around and explore *carefully* and you might discover that one, he's an easy target.

3. yggi** Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

jaaak i got no haste....

i'll try it anyway, can't be unbeatable :)

thanks

4. Armin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

NO HASTE? ;)

For heavens sake, get some mage, no matter how pitiful, into your party and he he/she doesn't know the spell, trade your firstborn for a scroll of it... :p

There is no more powerful spell in AD&D, as it effectively doubles all of your fighters.

5. DailyRich Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

You got Protection from Evil? That seemed to help me a lot. And don't use anything fire related, since these are demons after all. There's a solo tan'ari to the north of the sphere -- he's just got some imps and quasits with him.

6. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I brought fourth three Fire Elementals to help me hunt for these foul beasts and it worked very well. The creatures found within this place of evil use fire based attacks to do damage to you, and sending in the Fire Elementals to head them off was a great help in allowing me to take on the demons alone. The Fire Elementals were not effected by the other creatures that flocked to them, so while they were kept busy, I battled hard against the demons, all three, to get the hearts I needed!

I have two extra hearts, which leaves me with the memory of their death!

Spell wise, I casted Bless, Protection from Evil, Defensive Harmony, Chant, and drank a Potion of Fire Giant Strength followed by an Oil of Speed. Then and only then did I face those beasts of hell!

Syl...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.