1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pink Oval

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Hobbes, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Hobbes Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi folks, every so often one of my characters gets an effect where a pink oval is shown in the usual place for effects on the portrait yet no effect is listed in the character record. When this happens I can neither rest or save.
    I have no idea how long this effect will last - or if it is a bug. Any ideas?

Thanks, Chris

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I haven't heard of this one before. Might be a mod issue. Maybe post your Weidu.log contents here, and someone might be able to help (probably not me, since I'm pretty useless at this sort of troubleshooting).

I'm assuming you have the official patch and either Baldurdash or the G3 Fixpack installed.

3. Hobbes Gems: 1/31

Thanks Splunge. I may have to look into this a bit more. I was hoping that this would be an obvious thing as all I have done is bought the most recent release of the game and have no patches or mods.

If I talk to the Drunken Cleric of Talos in the Graveyard District for example I always get this problem.

Cheers, Chris

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I don't suppose you could get a screenshot for this could you?

You can take screenshots from the game by pressing 'Prnt Scrn' (or equivalent) and pasting into a program such as paint.

You can then upload the picture to a place such as Photobucket or your own SP photo album through your profile and link it here - or attach it as a picture using the tags (in advanced reply there's a little icon that can do it quickly for you - yellow box with grey mountains and a moon on it)

I *think* I might know what you're talking about but am currently unsure - I keep thinking the fatigue icon so would like a little look just to check :)

[EDIT]
    Wait, wait, wait...

Does this icon only appear when you are IN DIALOGUE? Or when a dialogue has been interrupted? (I was remembering the fatigue icon but checking I think I'm thinking of the In Dialogue icon.)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  5. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    The in-dialogue icon looks like pink lips, which may look like an oval on it's side. If it's persisting outside of conversations, that sounds like a mod problem not ending conversations properly.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That could very well be the problem. At a minimum, you should install the official patch. One (and only one) of the unofficial patches (Baldurdash or G3 Fixpack) is probably a good idea as well.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I thought the latest release may have come with the patches, like when I got BG1 a while back it had the patches with it.

Installing the official patch may well mean you need to start a new game to see the changes take affect - you may be lucky, but a fresh start is always reccomended.

Good luck and hope it clears up.

8. Hobbes Gems: 1/31

Thanks chaps, it is indeed the in-dialogue icon. I assumed a recent version of the game would have all the patches. How can you tell what patch version you have? I certainly don't want to start from scratch so it seems there is not much point in downloading the most recent patch if I have an older version.

Its only happened a couple of times and so far I have found a way around it. I have had a look on a few forums and have not seen this mentioned which surprises me.

A great game - I played the first one but I think I got into Dark Age of Camelot after that and never got BGII. What was I thinking!

Cheers, Chris

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.