1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Perfect banter party

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Lev, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Lev Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

What do you guys think I would need to creat the best banter party? Ignore classes, strength, practicality etc, think only of the banters.

All I know is that it would need Jan!

and Edwin is pretty good aswell.

When you consider don't think of just what the NPCs say to eachother and you also think about what interjections they have when you are talking to some other character.

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Minsc + Jan = hilarious
    Edwin + nether scroll = LMAO

Those three are your core if you're looking for funny banter. :hmm: How about:

Minsc (tank)
    Edwin (primary mage)
    Jan (thief and secondary mage)
    Keldorn (tank and mage-buster)
    Anomen (cleric with some tanking ability)

Keldorn and Minsc interact over his berserking, and Anomen becomes Keldorn's squire. You're only slightly lacking in divine power and thief skills, so a half-orc C/T could kick some major a$$ with this group. I know you weren't looking for practicality, but this group could get you some great banter as well.

You might also consider Mazzy and Valygar (another squire situation) instead of Keldorn and Anomen. Mazzy reacts to Minsc and Jan with near bi-polar behaviour; she loves Minsc but hates Jan's stories. (Would end up really low on divine power.)

Haer'Dalis and Aerie also have a little thing between them, and Aerie becomes Minsc's witch. Haer'Dalis's comment on Edwin's quest is classic, too. :grin: (Eep, where did the tanks go? Need a fighter-type PC for this one.)

3. PrincessSuzie Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I would say I will go for:

Jan, Minsc, Edwin, Anomen and Kelsey ;)

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Keldorn's banters aren't great, really. Although he has one absolutely hilarious banter with Yoshimo, where they both start singing (I couldn't believe it when I saw it).

If you really want to see people bitching at each other, then take Aerie, Jaheira and Viconia. Some of the things they say to each other are absolutely hilarious. And you get to see Aerie's nasty side.

I really don't like Mazzy, mainly because I like Valygar, and the way she acts with him is close to slavery ("shine my shoes boy!").

Edwin and Jan are musts. The rest is really up to you, since most of the others aren't that great banter-wise on the long run. I'd actually take Korgan and Mazzy, as Korgan gets some rather interesting things to say to her. The fifth could be Haer'Dalis. If your PC is a cleric, then you've got a great banter party AND one that's actually pretty balanced (Korgan tank, Mazzy ranged or melee support, Jan thief, you healer, HD as anything you want, and quite a lot of arcane spellcasting)

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    For banter, clearly the romance interests beat everyone else hands down. Aerie's is rather short UNLESS you have Haer'Dalis in the party early. The interactions with multiple female interests is rather good -- and quite plentiful.

Jaheira and Minsc have the most interactions with people outside the party.

Jaheira has the most interactions with people in the party.

Everyone has a few comments to each other. The following combinations have an above average amount of banter (not addressing quality here):

Mazzy-Valygar
    Mazzy-Korgan
    Minsc-Edwin
    Minsc-Keldorn
    Minsc-Jan
    Minsc-Jaheira
    Keldorn-Anomen
    Keldorn-Cernd
    Jan-Anomen
    Aerie-HD
    Aerie-Keldorn

A party with Anomen-Jan-Keldorn-Minsc is quite vocal -- especially with a female PC.

Edwin has good banter with most of the good-aligned characters during the Nether Scroll quest (or because of it). The conversations with Nalia, Minsc, Jaheira, and Anomen are great.

For the male PC, have Aerie, Jaheira, and Viconia in the party until you have to choose (then kick the losers out).

6. Darkixi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Having Jan and Minsc in the same party is always a laugh. Jan always trys to steal Boo of Minsc.

7. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Hmm, I think I might give Anomen, Jaheira, Jan, Keldorn, and Minsc a try for some great dialogue, with a Fighter/Mage multiclass protagonist.

Sounds like a decent balance of power and a group that won't shut up! :D

8. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Korgan's a must, he's absolutely great when paired with poor little Aerie who he picks on in standard dialogue and banter between him and Aerie (Aerie will leave the party eventually though after she tells you if Korgan's in the party by nightfall, she's gone) and the Korgan/Mazzy "romance". I like Minsc and Korgan's little dialogue about killing animals in Trademeet where Korgan threatens to kill Minsc if Minsc keeps talking, then Minsc basically tells Korgan to stop talking in such a manner... and Korgan stops talking (Minsc is the only NPC I've seen get the last word in on Korgan when Korgan threats violence). Korgan's also has one great banter with Viccy where it becomes painfully clear how dangerous Korgan is to Viccy (and all other drow for that matter). Good banter with Yoshimo and Jan as well. All in all, I personally think, personality wise, Korgan is the best developed character in the game along with Jahiera (and that's saying a lot, BG2 has a lot of well developed characters, Nalia however, you are an exception my dear).

9. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I heard something about it once and this might be the place to ask it. But do Mazzy, Korgan, and Jan have some kind of conversation amongst the "little people" of the party?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.