1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Paladin Stronghold Bug? Help please

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Death Rabbit, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Okay. Playing through right now as a Ranger, but I have the mod installed that allows you to pick up all the strongholds (Ease of Use, IIRC). I've had no trouble with all other strongholds, except the Paladin stronghold. This is the first time I've ever attempted it (never had a Pally as my PC).

When I enter the Windspear Hills area, the Firkraag quest begins as normal (whacking the Ogre paladins). But when I go to Garren Windspear's cabin, all he says is something like "Do what you must. This matter ways heavily on me, I fear." That's it. His daughter is there, but she "appears busy." Brat. Anyway, I decided to head into the domain, and when I get there Garren is waiting for me at the entrance. He says "Help help, they just took my daughter" and now I finally get the quest to begin officially (or so I think), because he says he's spoken to the Radiant Heart on my behalf and that I'll "go unmolested." Buncha pervs. With me so far?

I then go through the dungeon, killing everything BUT Firkraag, and releasing Garren's daughter. She says to meet me back at the cabin. When I exit, Garren is STILL standing there at the entrance, this time all he says is the "Do what you must" line from before. When I get to the cabin, Garren is there with his daughter (just like before the quest), and ANOTHER daughter is standing at the back of the cottage (the one I saved). She says "Oh thank you for saving me, you big sexy thing!" But that's it! Garren won't say anything other than the "Do what you must" line, and when I go to the Radiant Heart nobody talks to me about anything other than normal dialogue options (Cowled Wizards, Shadow Theives, Goodbye).

What the dilly, yo? I really want this stronghold too. I'm collecting bachelor pads so me an Jaheira can tap 'dat ass in various locations. Help help help. Thanks.

[ September 15, 2003, 19:42: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Do you have the console enabled? Good.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Kidnap","GLOBAL",4)

Try that, then talk to him and see what happens.

3. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

i got that bug too, its probably caused by the easy-of-use mod.

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Didn't work, Rastor. Is there a global that begins the dialogue with the Radiant Heart Paladins directly? I'm just trying to rack up some decent experience. Thanks.

5. esabulao Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I've encountered this problem in my last game. Wasn't able to fix it then.

What version of the Ease-of-Use Mod are you using? I saw a topic over at the Weimer Boards and I thought the problem had been fixed as of the latest version (v21).

If it doesn't work, try checking one of the topics there. Something with a title like "Multi-Stronghold thing didn't work". There were console codes there to set the appropriate variables right for many of the stronghold problems, including the Paladin stronghold. I think one of the variables was "HelpedGarren" or something like it.

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

[EDIT]Okay, I found something that might work. Try this:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("PlayerHasStronghold","GLOBAL",1)

Try talking to the Radiant Heart guys then and see if it works.

[ September 17, 2003, 02:04: Message edited by: Rastor ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.