1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Opinions on Tamagotchi, from a kid's point of view

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Dice, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Please consider that I don't want to know if you as as adult enjoy this kind of game. (If you do it's ok) I'm just wondering if you have any experience with them when they first came out or if you know any kids who have them now and like them? (There is a new generation call Tamagotchi Connection) Do you think that Tamagotchi's are a good kids toy?

[ December 19, 2005, 14:09: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I had one when they first came out. I actually wouldn't recommend it Dragonfly. From personal experience, they can be extremely distracting as all you can think of during class is what you're going to feed it and if it's going to grow already..

also, when the battery (and consequently, the pet) dies it can be pretty frustrating.

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I had one - it was a bit of a novelty, but it wore off extremely quickly. I usually just left it to die. So no, it wasn't so great :p

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well, we already bought one for our son who said he really wanted it for christmas. It is the next generation so hopefully it is a little more interesting then the last one. I guess the distraction from class is a real concern. I hope I don't end up doing babysitting service for the gadget.

5. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

They are pretty cool, but not as cool as the digimon ones. Not only did you raise them, you trained them to fight and could hook up with your friends!!

Aah, the memories. I'm going on ebay and buying one right now!

6. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I used to have one about 10 years ago (more or less) I enjoyed it for about 2 months and got bored afterwards. And it had "little" acident :p

7. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Well, I have some nephew that don't like it, they want the NintenDogs game, one is 8 and the other is 12 and they already have 4 dogs each.

8. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I used to have a Tamagotchi! :D That was when they first came out (then my sister took it to play with it...). I remember they banned it at school because people kept losing them and they kept beeping during class (when they are hungry etc.). It was pretty cool for a while, then it got kinda boring since I couldn't get my turtle to live beyond the age of 33. :( Very sad that. :D Then I got this 'family tamagotchi' from a friend later that year and it broke real quick 'cause I accidentally dropped it on the floor. :( Anyway, I thought they were alright back then, but I doubt I would play with one now... :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.