1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Once a week review

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Madmanasaurus-X, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Madmanasaurus-X Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Of the D&D game being played in Toronto using the Icewind Dale video game as the module.

As mentioned in a previous post. 6 charecters are in the spine of the world playing out the IWD story. (non of the players have played the video game).
    1 Human Fighter - Cheif Yawning Dog - Male
    2 Human Figher - Nwahs (Shawn backwards) - Male
    3 Human Cleric - Tilly Shivelstone - Female
    4 Valley Elf Mage/Thief - Harsh Gnarly - Male Dude
    5 Drow Elf Ranger/Cleric - Frig Latex
    6 Half Elf Druid - Dracina

I also mentioned I was using a laptop and multiple saved games to be able to use the game for actual interaction between the players and the townsfolk & talking monsters as well as playing the chapter ending/beginning cinematic clips.

I will post a game synopsis every week as a "new" post. No responses are required but feel free.

Game 3)
    They finally brought back the missing caravan and finished all the quests in Easthaven...A DM could never have as much fun as I did when I played the cenimatic clip of the Avalance and Frost Giants for them. After building them up to like Hrothgar and company the players were shocked when all the others died.

The party was able to fight it's way to the Mill and killed Uligar and his boys...Downstairs they finished off the Gobs and we ended there...the boy under the stairs and the booty (exp) will happen at the beginning of next game.

While in East haven one of the dumb fighters did a very good thing and finally asked the Prist in the temple of Tempus what the door on the floor was...so they got the story of Temple being the site of Jarad's Stone. I couldn't imagine them playing the whole game and never knowing that Easthaven was the site of Jarads stone...untill they made it back there to finish the game (if they make it that far).

The party is being good about $$$ I told them not to be wastefull and to collect as much as they can...they will have access to buy the items from the vendors in Kuldahar the same as in the video game...but as we know...the good items are very pricey.

So far they found 2 magic items:
    Random from Orc Cave (Ring +1 protection)
    Random from Uligar (Stoutward +1 sm Shield)
    + Apsels dagger

I expect them to only finish the valley outside kuldahar Including the Orc with the Headache and the goblin/Beetle cave, and enter the Tree city in the next game. hopefully they will be able to solve a few of the town quests i.e. the halfling Inn manager and maybe convert a townsperson to the clerics god etc.

See ya next week.

MadmanasaurusX

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.