1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Official PoR Statement

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Oct 1, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Darien)

Garrett Graham is covering the Official Pool of Radiance boards making note of all the concerns that players have. Here's what he has to say.

Just a reminder that if you're having trouble, please contact our Tech Support. Even if they can't help you right away, they are sending the information on to the programmers who are working on the patch. I'm reading everything that gets written up here and I'm doing my best to try to pick out problems that seem to be happening on muliptle machines and reporting them to QA and Tech Support.
    As of yesterday, I had only seen one report of somone's hard drive getting wrecked during the uninstal (the guy at Avault), but this morning I read a post that implied that others had this problem. After reading the posts here, I'm sure that some people have uninstalled the game - has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks for the pointers. I'm still trying to read everything, but its been tough to keep up. All I can say is that we're still working to get a patch out, ASAP.

Bumping this back up. To answer your question about when the patch will be released, the truth is, I don't have an exact date. I want to make sure that QA and the programmers have time to fully figure out what is causing these problems and that we make sure we thoroughly test the patch before releasing it. I don't want to make this situation worse by rushing out an incomplete patch.
    Another reminder to report everthing to Tech Support - this is the best way to make sure we get the information we need to make a patch.

We are currently working on patching the Install/Uninstall problems and just about everthing else that's being reported to our Tech Support.
    Not that its any comfort to the people having problems, but we did not deliberately ship with the Install/Unistall bugs. A lot of people haven't had any problems with the game and that's the game we thought we were releasing. Right now we're working on a patch so that the rest of you can also play that game.

I'd also like to remind everyone to take the time to report all problems to our Tech Support. Even if they can't help you right away, the information you give them will help us to make a better patch. I'm trying to read everything that gets written up here (including this post), so your words are not dropping into a void.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.