1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Off-the-wall idea

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Demonater351, Nov 7, 2001.

1. Demonater351 Guest

Here's something I've been wanting to try: play the game with an evil-oriented party, but have it lead by a character with a traditionally good-aligned class (i.e. ranger or paladin):

Me (ranger or paladin)
    Korgan
    Viconia
    Edwin
    Jan
    Haer'dalis

The way I see it, to do it with a ranger, one would have to keep your rep above 4 to keep your ranger abilities and below 13 to keep your buddies happy; paladin between 8 and 13. So you could do all the good deeds you wanted, but would have to balance it out with a bad deed so the party won't abandon you. What's y'all's opinion?

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Keeping the repuation under 13 and still acting as a ranger who maybe listens to his seductress Viconia one too many times is feasible :grin: Jan and H'D are there to keep him in check.

On the flip side the Paladin could be trying to convert everyone. :p

3. sorvo Guest

Your charisma helps a lot with good and evil members. I play a paladin and like taking the"badies"with me to the underdark, it's only fitting:)

4. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hi,

I have a plan to romance Viccy with an undead hunter, win her over to the good side so to speak. I have created PC and he is waiting in Irenicus's dungeon but haven't had time to get him out yet since I have three other games going currently!
    Hadn't considered taking the other characters except Saverok (TOB) but I see the attraction of a full on evil party being led by a strong good charismatic leader. Thanks for the tip.

The only difficulty I see with this is that if you play "in role" you should be doing all of the quests in a good way. Since there are a lot of rep increasing quests in chapter2/3 I think I am going to head off to spellhold much earlier with this party and leave some of those until I have the slayer ability to offset some of the rep increases.

Of course, turning into a slayer a few times might not really be "in role" either but the way I could argue this is that the PC is facing some serious internal struggles being a child of bhaal and surrounded by evil npcs.

Cheers,

WittyNewt

5. Demonater351 Guest

the whole game is about the main character struggling with the dark taint inside, so why not have a good character bit by bit succumbing to it. also, it kinda sounds neat to have a group of bad guys doing good things. finally, viconia will not change her alignment. the only character that does that is anomen. i think the romance you're proposing is sorta incompatible with your class.

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] The romance he is proposing is NOT incompatible with undead hunter.

Geez... Viccy is not some ugly zombie you know... Just look her pic, ain't she a hottie? ;) :evil:

7. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Hi,

She sure is "hottie totty" (I like that turn of phrase, no sexism intended!).

Well, my mc f/m is romancing Jaheira in chapter 8 (TOB)
    My mc f/t is romancing Aerie in chapter 2
    and my kensai who just escaped from Irenicus's dungeon hasn't made up his mind yet but is elven and so can't pick Viccy.

Hence the plan with the undead hunter. I do think it fits with the story and Viccy.

Child of Bhaal fighting with evil within, decides fight evil without and crusades against undead in all its forms.

However, part of him is still attracted to evil due to the taint within his soul and he can't help but surround himself with evil people, part of him wants to makes these folks see the light, but another darker part wants to stray from the true and right path.

He meets a drow woman in danger and here is a challenge worthy of him, can he turn her from the dark side and in so doing prove to himself that he has conquered the beast within or will he be lost forever.....

Anyway enough waffling, you get the idea.

Also, I have heard some interesting things about Viccy and a certain other new character in TOB that set this muddle of a theme in firmer ground and am keen to explore them. I plan to play through to TOB.

Cheers,

WittyNewt.

[This message has been edited by wittynewt (edited November 07, 2001).]

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, after finishing the game with my evil party I think I'll choose a goody one again, consisting of:

-halfling cavalier
    -halfling archer
    -halfling swashbuckler-mage
    -Mazzy :love:

(for those who might scoff my race class-choices: I have totally absorbed the 3e flexibility - everything for everyone ;) :p )

9. Tina2 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I would keep the reputation at 16 or so, then you pals are not happy, but the behave normalle and don't leave, but you can still be a normal paladin oder ranger and behave according to your class. Just let Haer steal and fail from some remote merchants from time to time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.