1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

O' Lovely NPC Relationships %$&@!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by FightCat, Jan 24, 2009.

1. FightCat Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Here I, after going over and over for more than an hour, slay Firkraag, share the XP and loot, a fraction between Korgan and Aerie occurs eventually, Aerie threatens to leave for circus.

And she was serious ! As soon as I end my journey in Docks district, she just rushes off although I was doing it exactly right to have a romance with her. She had those Red Dragon Scales and a lot of other stuff on her too !

For God's sake, she's not in the circus tent. Where the hell is she ? What should I do to evade this, if there's no turning back from this point ?

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You have 24 in game hours after Aerie threatens to leave before she does. Kick out Korgan, wait a while then pick him up again if you really must.

3. FightCat Gems: 2/31

I was in Windspear Hills, next to the corpse of Firkraag when she threatened.

How am I supposed to kick him out with all stuff loaded on him ? :/

And, uh...can I kick him out at that point ? (I don't know of any other way of reforming a party except for the time when someone wants to join)

:sweatdrop:

Edit: Well I've found how to reform the group. It'll still be a great miss now that such a powerful tank like Korgan is absent though. :/

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Ooh, good question, I can't remember where the button is now! I think it may be on the character record there is a Reform Party button.

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I actually had to check this in the program and you're right. It's on the Record screen.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  6. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I can't be bothered to dig out my CDs and had to guess :lol:

7. FightCat Gems: 2/31

Well, it's been a sore departure altough I'm determined to maintain a "good" party. It would definitely be impossible to bring down Firkraag without Korgan's tanking. I have to fill his room with an adequate replacement.

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Korgan is not necessary to take out Firkraag. He's a great tank, but not indispendable.

For a good party Keldorn, Minsc, Mazzy, or Valygar make great fighter companions. Each has their own strengths.

9. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Yes, and even Aerie can be good at fighting (at high levels that is)

10. FightCat Gems: 2/31

I don't inhale, let alone taking a single step, without Minsc -he's already there and will always be.

Anomen somehow seems vulnerable -gets inflicted damage easily. So I need a tank indeed. From what I've heard, Keldorn may be the one. What do you think ? (I also need a paladin to be eligible to handle Carsomyr)

11. hannibal555 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Media:
    Keldorn is powerful with Carsomyr and 2* in each 2H swords and 2H weapon style, especially when you use his dispel magic abilities.

Mazzy can get nearly as powerful as Korgan, though not as early as him in the game, since she is able to spend 5* in proficiencies as well.

Even Jaheira becomes a powerful fighter/tank as soon as she gets iron skins.

These are my favorite good/neutral aligned NPCs able to tank.
    If built up correctly with profficiencies and items, a lot of other NPCs can do well as melee characters, too.

12. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    FightCat

You may still want to hold on to the stuff Korgan is carrying for the party. To do so (in case you cannot carry it all) go to one of the spots where you picked stuff up out of a pile or something. This would be a place that functions as its own storage area-look for shelves or something like that where you can place items directly into your inventory from it and do the reverse without leaving things on the ground.

Put the extra stuff you want to keep there, use Korgan as cannon fodder somewhere (I usually do though this part is totally up to you), and come back to pick your stuff back up after you have booted him out of the party and emptied your packs somewhere inside your stronghold (if you have one) that also serves as a storage area.

I frequently have picked a spot somewhere in the game that I can use as a hideaway for stuff I don't have room for or don't want to carry right now, strongholds usually give you a place like this but if you don't have one yet just pick a spot you aren't likely to forget in the meantime. Yes Korgan fights well but he can be replaced (and this is usually a good idea for a good party anyway).

Most of the previously mentioned people fight well in his place but if they don't work for you I've already put together an unofficial and expanding list of people you can cheat (sometimes only a little) to add to your party (non intended party members). If you don't want to cheat at all that is fine as one of the suggested NPCs can and likely will work.

So you do have plenty of options (to both keep your stuff and have a tank in your party).

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  13. TabrisNext Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Okay, so I wanted to do things the quick and easy way, so I booted Jaheira out of the party so I could continue the Aerie romance without conflict. However, I found out somewhere (it might have been an online guide, because I cheat pretty often, but it might have also been one of my buddies) that if Aerie starts with the "I shall never fly again..." love dialog, the romance won't finish no matter what I say. I just want to confirm - have I screwed my chances of being screwed?

I know that you have to say no to the sex, by the way. I just wanted to make the pun.

14. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] You will only screw up the romance if you're being an ass to her.

There is one dialogue that will end with an argument whatever you say, but it won't break the romance. She's just in a mood.

15. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

There's also one conversation in the Aerie romance where a neutral response ends the romance, probably due to a bug. I recommend that you consult Extremist's Romancing Guide (found on SP) every now and then as the romance is progressing.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.