1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NWN set vs Fallout set

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Enagonios, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hey guys, I´m in Copenhagen right now and I saw a sale at the local EB. So, I´ve got a question. What should I spend my money on:

a) A NWN boxed set including Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark for 55 USD

b) A Fallout set including Fallout 1, 2 and tactics for 46 USD

c)something else

I´m leaving in 2 days so speedy opinions would be appreciated :) also, try and include a reason for your choice please :)

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You can get either much cheaper through SP via Amazon... the Fallout set especially.

Fallouts probably won't work in Windows XP, if you use that...

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ah, thanks Tal, choice C it is :D oh, I donøt suppose there are any atches or fixes that I can use to make it work for XP? Also, a bit off-topic but PS:T will work with XP wont it? :eek: Because my BG works just fine.

4. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Fallout won't work in XP? And I just upgraded from 2000 too! (Where it ran beautifully) Truly, there is no justice in the world.

On topic, Fallout is infinitely better then NWN. Tactics is good too, especially if you like Jagged Alliance or X-Com style games.

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Fallout works on XP for me *shrugs*

Haven't played NWN - but from what I hear the Fallout series is roughly 3600982 times better :)

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Aik, if fallout works for you on xp then I assume that PS:T worked without a hitch as well? Thanks for the input guys, Fallout it is. :)

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Oh, thanks Tal, that´s a relief as I got it thru mail right before I left home and haven´t been able to try it yet :D

But it seems you were right about the Fallout :eek:

I just tried to install it and I get a "the game is not supported by your version of windows" error msg :(

Is there anything I can do or any patch I can download in order to fix this?

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You really can't get better deals? NWN set costs $19-20 now and Fallout set should be even cheaper.

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've been playing both Fallout and Fallout 2 recently on my laptop with XP home edition. It wouldn't work unless I did the humongous installation (not that big really only ~700 meg). The humongous installation also allows you to play without a cd in.

Have fun!!!

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ah thanks T2bruno, i´m kinda computer illeterate im afraid, so how exactly would i go about doing that? :)

chev, I decided against the boxed set and decided just to try Fallout1 first instead. I got it for around 6 USD

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    During installation the install program will ask what type of installation you want. There are four choices (I think) just choose 'humongous'.

Edit: You may need to uninstall first. Just use the install/unstall programs portion of the windows control panel. Then put you Fallout disc in again and reinstall.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ah, when does that menu pop out? the first window that appears asks me to choose a language. after i hit english, the next menu only offers 1 type of installation, when i hit install, the error msg pops up :confused:

14. T2Bruno

Media:
    It comes up after you hit the install button on the autorun screen. Do you have all the Windows updates installed? Are you running XP Pro or XP Home (although I got it to work on both)? You may want to try installing manually, the No Mutants Allowed website has instructions. You can find those here:

No Mutants Allowed

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ah, the link you provided did the job, thanks a lot T2bruno.

16. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Both Fallout one and two works great on XP. And so does PS:T

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Yeah, I'm starting a PS:T game now, I'm keeping the Fallout for after.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.