1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NWN Official Forum Highlights

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Dec 14, 2002.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Z-Layrex)

Here are today's official Neverwinter Nights forum highlights. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context.

Jonathan Epp, Quality Assurance

Camera Control:

Quote: Just so everyone knows, it looks like we'll have a better way to do camera panning/tilting/zooming in the next game patch. That's not an absolute promise, but chances are pretty good it'll be there.

Oops! I mixed up my words there - I meant "rotating", NOT "panning".

Derek French, Assistant Producer

Linux Client:

Quote: Do we know this? For some reason, possibly Bioware's stellar customer relations toward this community, I get the feeling that it'll be a one shot thing with no continuing support.

Just like we are continuing to release patches for the Linux Server, so it shall be for the Linux (and Mac) client.

More:

Quote: wrong. Bioware says that they are porting the game.

Correct. We are doing the Linux Client version, just like we are doing the existing Linux Server.

Quote: Noone has seen any code yet.

Correct. Nor will you. This is not open-source development.

Quote: The screenshots could as well been made on a windows box, then photoshopped into a nice kde screenie.

Except that they are screenshots from the Linux client.

Quote: Whenever they feel like it, they give us another lame no-content-provided excuse why they still have nothing to show, yet they have time to code a windows demo version.

The people working on the NWN demo (which was completed about 3 months ago and never released until recently for various reasons) and the NWN Linux programmers are two completely different teams and do not affect each other in terms of scheduling.

Quote: Sorry, but I can't believe it anymore until I see a bit more than just a bunch of new screenshots every few weeks, and some new way of saying "neener neener".

Fair enough. You will just have to wait, then.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.