1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NWN Forum Update

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, May 1, 2002.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Z-Layrex)

Trent Oster, Producer

What's this I hear about having to buy a more expensive pack to get the toolset along with the single player game? The Neverwinter Night Toolset will always be shipped with the game for Windows. You will never be able to buy the Single Player Game Official Campaign of NWN without the Toolset.

Will you be able to play chess at all in NWN? One of our QA guys built a basic chess module. I've yet to see it, but it is supposed to be quite cool.

Casey Hudson, Producer:

What can you tell us about the E3 demo? The E3 demo is thundering towards us from a great distance like a herd of Cows. Soon, it will be upon us, and we've been working like crazy to make sure we have something very cool for the show.
    To make sure that this also gets the final game in your hands faster, we're focusing on building areas and implementing features for the demo that perhaps wouldn't otherwise have been done yet. So, while things have been extremely busy around here, we're excited about being able to show a lot more of the game in the near future.

David Gaider, Designer

Can NPCs follow you through an area trnsition? They absolutely can follow you through an area transition... unless they are specifically scripted not to be able to, of course. What I like is that you can place a waypoint in another area, tell an NPC to 'go to that waypoint' and they will figure out that they need to go through an area transition to get there... and then do it.

Will you be handing out mountains of scripting for people to use? I am not going to be displaying scripts that already exist in NWN (like the contents of the big generic AI file), nor giving out lists of scripting commands and the like.
    What I want to do is help people use the scripting that already exists in the game to its full advantage... in this case, how to make the townsfolk of a module's town act in a lifelike manner, without having to be an expert scripter and script your own AI. With luck, we can put together a system that will do this in a sensible manner that future module-makers can take advantage of... and build upon, should they choose to. At the very least, I would like to give people a better understanding of how to apply scripts in the game.

Will there be child models in the game? There is one human male child model and one human female child model... both appear to be about 8 years old or so (at least to me). That's it as far as children go. Personally I can't wait to see custom child versions of the other PC races and especially female & child versions of humanoid monsters. Even small changes... a slightly thinner bugbear model, for example, with smaller tusks and bigger hips and perhaps slightly different clothing... would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.