1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NWN Forum Update

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, May 6, 2002.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Z-Layrex)

David Gaider, Designer

Dwarven War Axe...Biogods....make it so!!! The Biogods are actually kinda busy making the game work so your dwarf can swing any axe, rather than just one in particular. I know it would be nice to have every weapon in the book. The whip happens to be my favourite weapon, personally, and there's not even a hope of hacking it in. Even if we did put aside the time to model the dwarven war axe (all the weapons have their own model... we're not going to stop doing that for just one weapon) and change the 2DA's to add it in the game... what about the next petition for someone's favourite weapon? We've got four different classes of axes already, so that simply has to be good enough for now, sorry.

Bob McCabe, Designer

Could I make my own AI by removing the default script and creating a new one? Regardless of what the lowest intelligence allowed is, the question is whether or not there is a connection between intelligence and combat scripts. The answer to that would be no. The next question is how hard is it to script, and I would probably need more information before I could answer. What kinds of things would you like to try and do? Would you like him to break combat to pick up flowers, just fire off some one-liners, or maybe something different? Would these actions be randomised or pre-determined? Would his stupidity come off better through the use of animations, such as scratching his head before swinging his sword, and maybe asking what he's doing here, and then say oh yeah and swing? Doing stuff like this isn't too difficult. But yes, you would have to remove the default script and add one in of your own.

Derek French, Assistant Producer

With the beta toolset in hand, will every Skill, Feat, Spell, and Weapon in the game be revealed? Skill, Feat, and Spells - yeah, it may not be direct, but you can find them all in the Beta Toolset. Weapons - we are shipping some basic ones, but you can create any one you want with the Toolset.

I'm pretty sure we won't be able to create npc's or creatures in the beta toolset...only items. It's coming with 25 stock creatures though. You will be able to create NPCs and creatures, but only ones that are based off of the 25 creatures that we are shipping with the Beta Toolset.

Don Moar, Tools Programmer

Creating Creatures? It's actually even easier to create a Creature (a term used to describe both Monsters and NPCs). You use the Creature Wizard. You select a Racial Type (human, elf, goblin, etc.), up to three Classes, an Appearance, a Portrait, a Faction and that's about it. The Wizard does the rest. Of course you have to option of tweaking the result as much as you want in the Creature Properties window, too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.