1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NPC's

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by SwiftFalcon, Oct 5, 2000.

1. SwiftFalcon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Soo...if I decide to get rid of an NPC in favor of another one, what happens to him/her?
    Will I be able to "rehire" the NPC if I decide to switch back at a later time?

What happens to the stuff that this person is carrying?

Thanks

2. Bhaal Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Stuff stays on the NPC as long as you save the game. He usually says where he will be if you want to "rehire" him/her again.

3. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Try and only travel with 5 NPCs in your party, the 6th one used to shuffle between the new ones you meet. As soon as you meet a new one, do THEIR quest and complete it and ask them to leave after. Then proceed to pick up another NPC and repeat this process until you've done all the NPC quests.

There are some NPCs that will actually leave for good if you keep asking them to leave then pick them up, then ask them to leave. They'll get fed up with your inability to remain loyal to their services.

I travel with Minsc, Nalia, Aerie and Korgan. Jaheira is off on business, so the 6th spot I've gone through Mazzy Fentan, did her quest and asked her to leave. Then I picked up Valygar and I'll complete his quest, ask him to leave and then meet up with Jaheira to do her quest. Eventually, once I've met all the NPCs, I'll decide on my final party and start Chapter 3 with those characters and those will be the ones who stick with me through the rest of the game.

Syl...

4. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

When does Jaheira go off on business? Is it only if you decide to let her go? I never got rid of her so she's still with me.. just curious because I'm thinking of leaving her behind so I can pick up someone else.

5. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

She left for me right after I helped Xzar free his friend from the Harper HQ. She was approached by another Harper for "business" and had to leave. She was out of my party for sometime, then came back and told me to meet her ASAP at the Harper HQ. She's still waiting outside and when I'm done Valygar's Quest, I'll go see what she wants.

Syl...

6. Thanos Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Hey Syl, who's your trap detector/disarmer and lockpicker? Surely not nalia...she is not THAT good a thief...

Mmm, maybe I WILL drop Yoshimo on this second run...

7. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

That she is and I agree, she isn't all that cracked up to be but her mage casting makes up for her lack of picking locks. Knock does a good job and when I really need it, a Potion of Master Thievery to boost her poor stats for a short duration. As long as she can find traps as well as remove them, which she does a good job of, I'm more than happy.

I still have yet to fully explore Yoshimo and even find Jan, but when the time comes I shall. Right now, she fits in well with what I'm doing and that's questing. Having her as a mage along with Aerie helps out a lot.

Syl...

8. Wingfoot Guest

i got rid of Yoshimo for Nalia. i agree she's not the best thief, but with a Ring of Trap Detection, and potions that increase her thieving abilities she does just fine as a thief. i hope to find Imeon soon and replace Nalia with her, but until then i will keep Nalia.

i was using only 5 characters for a while, but i came across Valygar, did his quest and have kept him since. he is good with a bow and can throw down his bow and Dual-Weild if need be. here is my current party. i have been pretty happy with it so far.

Shagrat-Half-Orc Barbarian
    Minsc- Dual Weilding Dragonslayer and Mace+2
    Jaheira
    Valygar
    Aerie
    Nalia

my two mages have come in handy, although Nalia would be better if she were a Conjurer or Illusionist. just about everybody can cast some type of healing spell which has come in very handy at times.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.