1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NPC Portrait Question

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Rhyllian, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Rhyllian Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Howdy!

I'm finding myself getting a bit tired of Anomen's portrait - can't shake my initial impression that he looks a bit like Riker of ST:TNG... :nolike: Does anyone know if it's possible to change just one NPC's portrait without having to install a whole portrait pack? And, if so, how might I go about doing so?

Many thanks!

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

SK works wonders. :D

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Indeed SK (ShadowKeeper) will do exactly what you want to do. It's a short download, but you might find yourself hacking more of the game than you first intended. :p :rolling:

4. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

If you have a potrait of the correct sizes in your potrait folder, name the larger one NANOMENM and the smaller NANOMENS. It might or might not work but thats how the original yoshimo potrait pack seems to work.

5. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Are there any good alternate portraits for Minsc? I wanted to install one with white hair to match his action sprite, which I like the way it looks. :)

6. Rhyllian Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

@ all:

Thanks for the suggestions! I managed to get a more palatable (imho) portrait installed for the cleric most everyone loves to hate, using Shrikant's shortcut. (I have enough mods installed that I'm concerned about destabilizing my game again if I install anything further - I'm on my third reload and I've only been playing since midsummer!) The new-and-improved Ani shows nicely for the onscreen icon. For some reason, though, it still shows the old Anomen for the large character sheet portrait. Is there a hidden dimension or file that causes this?

@ Western Paladin:

Once my toddler gives me a few free moments (he's hanging off the side of my chair as I type this), I will try and see what I can fiddle up for a white-haired Minsc. That idea appeals to me, too. After all, Minsc does have the face the ladies love! :p

7. Mihai SuperStar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Some portraits in the game are so uncool.For example, Jan Jasen look like an idiot and Mins like a bigger idiot.And that stupid Corgan look like a mummy full of hair.I don't know if in Baldur's Gate the portraits of NPC-s where so ugly but in BG2 some NPC-s are realy, realy ugly.

8. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

.bmp pic, dimensions 210x332, name NANOMENL - that should work nicely.

@Mihai - Take a look at Imoen's potrait from BG. She looks like a middleaged bar servant. Her BG II version is much better.

9. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I'm still looking for a white-haired Minsc portrait, if anyone happens to run across one. :)

P.S. Imoen's BG2 portrait is way, way better.

10. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Does anyone know where I can get some more high-quality portraits? SP had some spectacular ones but i feel like seeing some new ones. Something special with a little bit of BANG sounds good!

PS, Don't worry Rhyllian, I always hated Anomen! ;)

11. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Havak's Portraits & Sounds have some good images. They're the best I can think of at the moment. If you don't mind doing some cropping & re-sizing in paint, then there's always Neverwinter Vault (although the quality is highly variable).

Hope that helps. :)

12. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Yeh they were pretty good ... but I'm looking for some REALLY good portraits. Ones that look absolutely stunning everytime you see them, ones that you just can't stop looking at, ones that are the best quality. Do you know what I mean?

I really need some portraits like that ... can anyone enlighten me on where to find such things?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.