1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Now, Live In Concert

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Lord Moeken, Apr 21, 2001.

1. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Alright, there have been several posts about favourite music types, favourite bands, favourite albums - and on and on. It takes a very different set of talents to perform live and give the fans a good show as opposed to having 15 takes in the recording studio. (just ask Milli Vanilli!)

Anyone have any awesome concert stories they want to share?

Paul Simon -Graceland Tour: I'm not a huge Simon and Garfunkle fan, but this concert was great. Good crowd, good music and the African band was awesome.

ACDC -Thunderstruck - probably the loudest concert I've ever been to. I brought some ear plugs just in case and all my friends laughed. Heh, they weren't laughing for long!
    "For those about to Rock - FIRE - We salute you!" the sound of that cannon prob. took 10 years off the structural life of the building! Good show.

Sarah Mclaughlin - Fumbling Towards Ecstasy - I know, I know - tame stuff. Went to this concert at the Jubilee Auditorium (opera house) and it just rocked. She added some grinding heavy riffs to her normally acoustic style and the crowd went nuts.

Guns n Roses - Awesome show, plus Brian May from Queen was the opener - almost stole the show, what a guitar.

I've also seen Reba Macintire in concert, I'm not really a country fan, but her concert was very heart felt and emotional, I'd recommend it.

I'm kicking myself here - U2 just played in Calgary and my friend had extra tickets. I turned down the offer cause it was $90 a pop, now I wish I had gone.

2. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

buckcherry concert recently in manhatten, expensive but worth it, this guy got drunk and hopped on stage started screaming you suck at the lead singer, and security took him away, it was hilarious, but kinda fucked up the concert, at least it was at the end, and they only had their two worst songs left.

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

The only concerts we get in Singapore are by the Backstreet Boys, N Sync, Britney spears...A-One....need I say more??
    :mad: :mad:

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yes shura! Please! And could you ... perhaps tell ...ahem ... did you enjoy them? :cool:

5. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Stones - Bridges to Babylon Tour, airfield at Wr. Neustadt; 90.000 people

R.E.M open air in Vienna i think 1995 with The Cranberries as foregroup.

6. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Stevie Ray Vaughan, outdoors at a Ballpark in July. Beautiful, man, beautiful... (Course, some parts of it are kind of a blur... ;) )

7. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

All I can say, Ragusa, to that, is DIE DIE DIE!!
    :rolleyes:
    ah well

8. Mhalek Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I once saw Flea from the R.H.C.P. play a saxaphone duet with Dave Grohl when he was still drumming for Nirvana in Denver 1991. It was funny, but Flea really can't play all that well

9. stargazer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Dreamtheater live. :D :D :D :D Now that's something I'll remember for a long long while. The best time I ever had at a concert. Well, the Deep Purple one is close behind though. Iron Maiden was very very nice too. Classic stuff I guess.

10. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Widespread Panic put on one helluva concert. The greater part of the show was an improv jam. In the midst of a jam they would tease you with a few licks from this song or that song, and just when you thought they were going to whip into it, they'd all whip into something else entirely. The percussionist did a 20 minute solo that was just amazing. I hear that they'll be at Milwaukee's Summerfest this summer with Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals. You can bet I'll be there.

[This message has been edited by The Wise, The Grey (edited April 23, 2001).]

11. stargazer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Forget about everyone else. Even the ones I mentioned. The future of rock lies in the hands of 'Hall of Distortion'. Their concert was GREAT! The crowd was delirious!
    OK, so you may not know them. Well, maybe very very very few people know them but trust me, they play damn good live for 17 year olds. Seriously...

12. White Giant Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Manic Street Preachers, the first time they played The Machester Evening News Area, or Nynex Arena as it was then . . . man that was good.

I got knocked out in the mosh pit the second time they played there though. :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.