1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Non-standard class combinations in Shadow & Dale Keeper

Discussion in 'Playground' started by chevalier, Dec 6, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I've heard about some stuff you can do with Dale Keeper or Shadow Keeper to create a non-standard character. I would like to know how it is done and what exactly you can do. I don't think it's ever possible to create a new multiclass combination, but I can be mistaken.

2. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I looked into that with shadow keeper a couple of weeks ago - on the surface it does not look as if you can do it. Although you have 3 sets of levels - there seems to be a class drop down on the second page - this is limited to those you could select in game. It might be interesting to try a Mage/Monk/Thief or something like that.

Not sure about dale (keeper)? though

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Well you can only edit existing charecters.
    You can change default portraits, soundsets, race, class, alignment, stats, resistances/saves, base AC, HP, XP, levels, amount of gold you have.

With shadowkeeper you can edit a sorcerers spell selection, assign kits to multiclasses. However there is a limit of 3 classes. IIRC Kensai/Sorcerer/Assassin is not possible. Kensai/Mage is.

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    With SK, you can assign one (and only one) kit to an otherwise valid multi-class, or you could assign a kit to the second class of a dual-class.

You cannot make, say, a fighter/sorcerer since a sorcerer is not in the list of available kits (it's considered its own class). Oddly, though, I believe a Barbarian is in the list of kits.

The power-gamer in me is toying with the idea of a wizard slayer/thief multi (tactics and ascension, on insane difficulty).

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The thing with Barbarian is that it isn't a class in the game mechanics. It's just a Fighter kit defined in the 2DA files.

Wonder if I could pull paladin/wizard off...

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A paladin/wizard wouldn't work. SK only allows you to edit valid multi- or dual-classes, and as you know, a paladin/wizard isn't one.

7. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Well you could always try. Make him an Undead Hunter/Mage. If the game doesnt accept it, it will simply refuse to run. Since its a seperate save game, no harm done.

You can also assign weapon proficiencies. However you still cant make a druid use a great sword. You can even put whichever items you want into the inventory.
    I often put Anomen's lost proficiency points into blunt weapons. Since these are from his fighter class, they have to be reflected in the proficiency list in both classes.

8. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Chev, you could create a fighter/cleric/mage muticlass.

The go to special abilities and assign paladin abilities- even a kits abilities like the inquisitors, but levelelling up will be longer and there will be way to many cleric spells. You know enough about d&d rules to assign the new abilities at the right time. Its just a bit of a pain having to load sk to add some new ones.

To get the stronghold you'll need mutiple srongholds from ease of use and just have to reject the rest.

Some of my fave combos are:

Kensai/Thief
    Fighter/Swashbuckler
    Fighter/Assassin
    Archer/Cleric
    fighter/shapeshifter
    fighter/avenger

Want to try:

Stalker/Cleric
    Assassin/Cleric (for some reason Equilibrium springs to mind)
    Kensai/druid
    Wizardslayer/Thief

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.