1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

No cinematics and lots of other problems

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Nataraja, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    Ive had this game on my computer for a long time, but Ive never really played it much...I got out of the mortuary once, and then I did something else and forgot about the game for about a year. Now I want to play it since Im on my summer holidays, and I saw some mod on here that I didnt have, so I uninstalled it to reinstall it with this mod...for some reason. I have had no end of trouble installing the game, and Ive found that the G3Tweak breaks the game when I install max HP on leveling or something. Now the game finally works, but theres no cinematics at all...not even in the movie viewer ingame. I dont see the opening cinematics at the start, its just black then the main menu, and the movies arent listed at all in the viewer.

Theres something seriously wrong with my install or my media, the cds are quite scratched...I loaned them to a friend and they came back dusty and really munted. Ive had to install and reinstall the game at least 15 times today, and it finally got working...but no cinematics.

*Ok it works now, not sure why...oh well...hope this is as great a game as everyone says it is :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This game is better than everyone says it is.

Don't worry about the cinematics. Would've been nice to have them but there aren't really many of them.

3. Thrasher91604

Thrasher91604 For those who know ...

The definition of "greatness" is of course an opinion :)

I think it's great because I like an RPG with a deep story and setting, deep NPCs, deep dialogs, and deep consequences of actions.

PS:T has all of the above.

If these are the most important things to you in a game, then you should find the game "great".

4. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Have you tried to do a full install? That will eliminate problems with reading from the disks if you can only copy their content to the hard drive.

If you're playing in windowed mode (rather than fullscreen), you won't get any cinematics.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Um, I play in Windowed Mode half the time and have always had the cinematics 0_o

if the cinematics still don't work for you I could pull them off my comp and send them if you would like.

6. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    I tried doing a full install but I had crc errors with the 3rd cd. It seems to work best from my older cdrw drive than my newer dvdrw drive, maybe the newer one is more sensitive?

The cinematics came back, which was good...but a few other buggy things happen from time to time.

This game is truly amazing, I never realised how much of a great experience I was missing out on, nice deep story with deep npc dialogues, lots of reading which is good too. Just too bad I have university starting up again in two weeks...argh...hehe

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.