1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New party, please rate:

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Klorox, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

I'm playing a good party. I've realized that tanks are more important early on, and then the Mages start to really take over power-wise.

Gnorman (Gnome Fighter/Illusionist)
    Aerie (Romance)
    Keldorn (Tank)
    Anomen (Healing/Tank)
    Yoshimo/Imoen (handle locks and traps, Imoen adds more Mage power at just the right time)
    Jaheira (Healing w/ a twist/Tank)

Any and all feedback is appreciated

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Seems very melee focused yet it's balanced. You'll be fine.

3. tabari Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I don't know that I'm good enough at this game yet to offer input on your party. My new crew is currently getting chewed on in the pit of the faithless. But here goes anyway.
    It sounds like a good setup. I think you have a good balance b/t tanks and magic users. Keldorn is awesome.
    I've only been using Jan for a few days tho', so I don't know too much about Illusionists. I'm wondering if you can use the Find Familiar scroll as a dual class. That would be cool. Especially since you won't have Boo.
    I think everyone here will get along. I don't see any major problems. I've read that Anomen can be flirty but I don't know.
    Also, your PC's name is very cute. I like it alot. :D

4. Klorox

Thanks guys.

I've been looking at the party, and I think I might have too many mages. But I really want Imoen (eventually), and I want Aerie for the romantic reasons (and when she gets the robe of Vecna, she will just be NASTY with those buffs!).

I'm considering the same party, except playing a Fighter/Thief (NOT taking along Yoshi until I leave for Spellhold, and adding Imoen then). I might (alternately) drop Yoshi and use Minsc until then, just because he's a funny guy. :)

5. Wil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Will Aerie romance a disgusting gnome?

6. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

Your party looks fine.

No, Aerie won't romance a gnome. Only a human, half-elf or elf can have a romance.

7. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Your party looks good. By the time you get Immy back and especially towards the end of SOA and into TOB will you be very glad you have more magic capable characters.

8. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yes aerie romances a gnome. And you have a decently balanced party. But you will run into trouble splitting equipment between Jahiera, PC and Anomen.

9. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yep, Aerie likes gnomes and can even romance gnomes (remember that she also worships gnome god)

Your party is very nice: more than enough spellcasters, so you won't run out of spells.

I don't think that you will problems with equipment: there are plenty of good plate armors in the game and almost everyone uses different kind of weapon.

10. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I don't think that you have too many mages. In fact, I think many of your battles will be considerably easier having that many. If every character memorizes one lower resistance, the battles against dragons will be over in a hurry. If anything, I think you have a disproportionate number of clerics in the party. Aerie, Anomen and Jaheira is a little over-kill. I'd say keep the druid, and drop Anomen. Minsc is a better tank, or if you prefer a little stealth (based on the fact your Imoen is limited in her abilities) take on Valygar.

11. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I think 3 arcane casters and 3 clerical casters is way too much. I'd drop Jaheira, make the pro a fighter/thief, and take either Minsc or Mazzy along.

12. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

you don't need both jaheira and anomen - one fighter/healer is enough

and with aerie around as well as imoen, your pc could be a different, more interesting class - like a blade or archer

but if you decide to go through with this current party, it is well balanced if a little redundant - but that just means you have more bases covered

13. Ivellos the Bladesinger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] pretty nice
    though i would get rid of Jaheira since she is not your romance (because you are romancing Aerie and they both have healing based spells)

i would drop Jaheira,pick up Valygar

drop Anomen,since you already have a cleric(Aerie),and pick up Edwin(if you dont mind a bit of Evil in your party :D :evil: ) because he is a good spell-caster at higher levels

if you dont want Edwin, then get Jan Jansen
    he is a great theif and a pretty good mage
    IMO, he is a well-rounded Mage/Thief

@Earl Grey, IIRC, Aerie is friends with or has had some type of interaction with Baervan Wildwater(spelling?) and his friend Chiktikka Fastpaws, she says this if you are her romance, so she cna romance a gnome because she likes gnomes thanks to Baervan Wildwater(spelling?)

although a elf romancing a gnome that is half her size is pretty weird..

14. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Yes, far too many clerics. Jahiera is not only a very good cleric, but I VERY good fighter. She could kick Minsc's ass.

I pitted Lady Jah again Korgan and he didn't even get through her Stoneskin before he died.

I'd be tempted to drop Anomen too. He is powerful, but he's alos the most annoying and with a fighter/illusionist character you really don't have to worry about any powerful NPC's.

You may think about taking Valygar rather than Anomen since his backstabbing ability is very useful, and you have no suitable thief for that.

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Which puts the gnome's head at the perfect spot right at the end of the romance :love: .

I'd drop either Anomen or Jaheira and pick up Minsc (or Korgan). You might find yourself having some problems in melee. I'd drop Jaheira, because she's somewhat redundant in this party, but that's your call.

16. Ivellos the Bladesinger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

nice one Rastor
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!

17. Klorox

Just remember: You're the same height laying down.

I partly came up with this idea just to bring out this weird romance. I kinda like it.

Thanks for all the input, everybody.

Edit below:

I've thought of dropping Anomen from this party, and adding Minsc (I don't know much about Valygar). I think I can deal without the high-level cleric spells, and I want to keep Jaheira (I like Druid spells).

So, here's my modified party:

Gnorman (Ftr/Ill)
    Minsc (Ranger)
    Keldorn (Paladin)
    Aerie (Mage/Clr)
    Jaheira (Ftr/Drd)
    Yoshimo/Imoen (Thief-> Mage/Thief)

[ November 25, 2003, 00:11: Message edited by: Klorox ]

18. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31

Personally i'd drop Aerie and take Edwin. You've already enough healers and he is the better arcane spellcaster. You can always romance Jaheira instead. The only problem is the alignment but as long as you don't go over 18 reputation, Edwin should stay.

19. Klorox

Gnomes can only romance Aerie.

20. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31

Oh yeah I forgot you were a gnome.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.