1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Mask of the Betrayer Screens, Video and Previews at NWVault

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by chevalier, Sep 20, 2007.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    We have received word from Maximus of Neverwinter Vault that they have posted a couple of new screenshots of the upcoming Neverwinter Nights 2 expansion Mask of the Betrayer, as well as a video showing the epic feats you will see in the game. Also, previews based on Maximus' visit to Obsidian await you there. Here's an excerpt from the one of Mask of the Betrayer:

Then at 11am, Kevin Saunders took over with Feargus on the side, as they gave an overview of the NWN2 : Mask of the Betrayer expansion. Kevin spoke about his concerns when they were first starting on the expansion, that they might have trouble putting together a story that would have more than ten to fifteen hours of gameplay. In the end, the expansion will offer between 25 to 30 hours of gameplay and Feargus pointed out that while it's an expansion, the level of story and amount of content delivered would easily qualify for a full game. From what I've seen, it definitely looks that way.

Speaking of looks, the game looks great. The new content and improvements that have been made to the engine really stand out. These improvements along with many optimizations, will also show up for everyone in patch 1.10 which is the next patch after 1.07. Yes, they are skipping straight to 1.10.

And also a bit about Rogue Dao's Planescape Trilogy:

This community mod will span three modules set in the Planescape setting. For those of you not familiar, there are numerous planes of existence, some of which are very bizarre with a steampunk feel to them, others where Gods and Devils reside in the depths of hell, and not to mention the prime material plane where most of the D&D settings take place. Some of these planes have their own slang, so much of it that it's practically a different language with words like Berk, Barmy, Cutter, Cager and much more. What's cool is that the team have built a word dictionary of all the Planescape terms right into the game, so you can popup an interface window and find out what a word means.

As I said in one of the previous posts, it looks like Rogue Dao Studios' modules based in the Planescape setting seem to be regarded at least on par with the official expansion in the community. The order of appearance of the previews at Vault reinforces my impression. What do you think?

By the way, either they made the Mask of the Betrayer sreenshots on a superb gaming rig or the game just looks great. I don't think the original game looked so nice on my computer when I played it. Perhaps the difference between my 7600 GT and their 8800 GTX or four can explain the difference, but otherwise it looks like Obsidian has lived up to the promise of nicer graphics.

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    You can what you want about nwn2. If it is good, bad or mediocore. But, and not only me I, bought this game for the expansions and the mods. And it looks like Obsidian delivers. Mask just made it back on my to buy list.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.