1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

new game from team torment...

Discussion in 'Playground' started by herf, Mar 28, 2001.

1. herf Guest

this game looks a hell of a lot like planescape torment, it looks like torment with some bg and icewind dale and some fallout thrown in, this shoudl be one hell of a game.

this is what it says on the official site-
    ( http://torn.blackisle.com/#features )

There are countless tales in the world of Torn, as many as there are stars in the sky. Some, though, shine more brightly than others...

One such tale is yours - the story of a wanderer, damned by fate to bring dire misfortune upon any place you remain and any companion you travel with. Roaming the realms of Agathe seeking release from your curse, you find yourself headed westwards by sea to the sheltered peninsula of Orislane, a borderland kingdom separated from the continent by the mountains of the Stormcrown. In the distance, the omens of war wax over the Orislanian coast...

What conspirative forces have set this conflict into motion? What plots or betrayals have undone the former peace of this kingdom? A land of wondrous creatures, constant peril, inestimable wealth, and immense power await you. Will your curse finally come to an end here? The fate of Orislane may lie in your hands…

Or are you a mere pawn of prophecy?

Set in Black Isle Studio's original fantasy world, TORN has a skill-based character system that allows for innumerable approaches to any problem in the game, whether through combat, guile, or diplomacy. Utilizing items of the player's own creation, four different realms of magic, and enough specializations and abilities to make every character unique, TORN will take the player through a twisting, epic tale of noble allies, vile treachery, vengeful tyrants and maddened gods that will set the precedent for fantasy and adventure games to come.

The Features:

Real-time version of the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. System, the RPG System developed for the Fallout Series.
    Full 3D isometric perspective gameplay powered by an augmented version of the LithTech™ Development System 3.0
    Explore a whole new world with up to five other players via the Internet or LAN.
    Teen Rating
    An extraordinary new fantasy universe of action, adventure, wonder, and intrigue never before seen.
    Created by Award winning Black Isle Studios, producers of RPG of the Year for five straight years.
    Team behind Planescape Torment (RPG of the year for 1999) and Icewind Dale (Runner Up for RPG of the year 2000).
    The beginning of an epic saga of prophecy, war, and betrayal in a world torn between Order and Chaos.
    TORN contains a skill-based character system that allows for innumerable approaches to any problem in the game, whether through combat, guile, or diplomacy.
    Play as one of six wholly different races such as the enigmatic, forest-dwelling sidhe whose laughing eyes hide cold and cunning souls, or the hulking ogres of Torn, brutal but honorable creatures of surprising intelligence and unparalleled strength.
    Infinite character customizability that allows players to choose the way they wish to explore the World of Torn.
    Every trip through Torn is a new adventure as you makes different choices and watch the story change around you.

The Specs (subject to change):

Minimum:

P2-400
    64 MB RAM
    TNT2 Class 3D Accelerator 16MB
    8X CD ROM
    300 MB HD
    Win95/98/ME/2000
    Recommended:

P3-600
    128 MB RAM
    GeForce Class 3D Accelerator 32 MB
    8X CD ROM
    600 MB HD
    Win95/98/ME/2000

[Just fixed your link - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited March 28, 2001).]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It will be a cool game. Too bad I don't have the time nor resources to cover that one on the site too...

3. Seric Exz Guest

Man, these guys sure know how to create depressing settings, don't they. Ah, well - I'm a sucker for epic (tragic) tales...

Judging from the screenshots it looks like a Torment-meets-Unreal thingy to me. Looks good though.
    (I need a new computer!)

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Heh. I don't think I even have the resources to play it. But it sounds pretty damn good. Hopefully be the time it's released, I might have upgraded a little. But if not, let me go ahead and gruble now while I have the chance.

5. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Oh man, that one sure came out of nowhere for me, it looks and sounds so great! Bought a second hand P400 and thought I had it all for the next 3 years..... Well, Just gonna play Diablo 2 for another 6 months...... ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.