1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter nights-Henchmen

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Tomi Grin Undergallows, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Tomi Grin Undergallows Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] IS IT JUST ME OR DO THE NWN HENCHMEN DO NOTHING BUT GET THEMSELVES KILLED!!!

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] No it's not just you, I kinda agree actually. However, I strongly feel this thread will be moved soooooon where it belongs to: The NWN forum :shake: :D

[ August 13, 2002, 20:39: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

3. Tomi Grin Undergallows Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] LOL, YEAH I FORGOT ABOUT THAT WHEN I ADDED IT. I'M NEW TO THIS

4. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Welcome new guy. Please stop shouting (using caps).

5. Tomi Grin Undergallows Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Sorry, my caps button got stuck after my dad spilt coffi on it

6. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Coffee and computer just go together. Your lucky the coffee just spilt over the keyboard, a friend of mine knocked over his coffee once, and it fell on his computer, which was open at the time.

7. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Back to the henchman...

I am only on my second run through the game and have not used all of them yet. My first run I used Daelan and Sahrwyn. Both were adept at getting themselves killed, setting off traps I had carefully avoided, engaging more enemies than we could handle etc. They got to be such a pain - and waste of healing potions - that I did the last two chapters without a henchman.

On my second run through I picked up Tomi and have found him quite useful. His lock-picking and trap disabling are helpful, he doesn't follow me into corners leaving me stuck and (especially after downloading the Improved Battle AI thingy) has even helped out in battle. His sneak attacks are great.

8. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The henchman leave more than alot to be desired. Their A.I. is really just awful, and the lack of all but the most basic control is unnerving. Daelan seems to be the only one I've used that I can stand. All the spellcasters blindly fire off all their spells at a moments notice, regardless of the difficulty of the encounter. At least Daelan is the only one effective at what NWhenchman are good at: charging blindly on! Butt kicking for goodness! .... *shakes head* Oh, sorry, wrong game. But it does seem quite possible Minsc programed the A.I. Add to that the fact they are all utterly boring, non conversing lumps that require more care than a 12 year old, and their only useful yet flawed trait (battle A.I.) is doubly annoying. As much as I didn't like henchman in Arcanum, I'm begining to think their vision of henchman was much better then Biowares.

9. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I use Tomi, and even though he's really bad at staying alive(it seems he gets killed more often than I kill), I need him for the traps and such.

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I actually set off traps myself, as my character is a lot more likely to survive than Sharwyn is. Early on, she always got herself killed, but then I learned how to keep her alive.

11. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I think Tomi does a lot better in staying alive than Sharwyn, Boddyknock and Linu. Heck he's even better than the monk! Daelan is also pretty useful since he can also soak a hefty damage. :)
    I would have used Sharwyn coz she's looks really cool, but when I used her I just threw her out!

:mad:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.