1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum Update

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Sep 26, 2002.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Z-Layrex)

David Gaider, Designer

Patch 1.25:

Quote: Thank you for the updates, you've been great. Do you know if the 1.25 patch addresses the stuttering issue a lot of us are experiencing, or is this being considered a customer system configuration issue?

I don't think 1.25 does much about the stuttering. Various patches have fixed memory leaks and similar... and some of those things have alleviated the stuttering for some people, but not all. I don't think the exact cause (or all the different causes) for the stuttering has been tracked down, yet.

Hak Paks: This is already done. The majority of the custom creatures being created now are additions to the creature selection in NWN and don't replace existing ones.

More:

Quote: Revinor has pointed out on another thread that the appearance.2da and portrait.2da are both read as only 16-bit integeres, while other .2da entries are 32-bit. Could Bioware confirm this and perhaps offer the hope that all ID's would be 32-bit in the future expansion or patches? 16-bit doesn't offer a lot of room to expand especially for things such as spells, creatures, and such.

I'm pretty sure we would change 16-bit .2da's to 32-bit only if it was necessary.

Quote: Also I think there was some confusion about my above post. I don't suggest that users insert blank lines for their appearance.2da files, but that the game engine somehow allow for blank entries, or as Revinor has suggested, have the game engine do a special load/save routine where it remaps the file ID's to the internal dense ID's used by the game.

There's a bit more graceful solution being tested right now. If it works, then having the engine allow for blank entries is moot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.