1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum Update

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Nov 24, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Tiamat)

Bob McCabe, Writing & Design:

NWN World:
    The short answer, since that is all you asked for, is that we're aiming to utilize the region around the cities of Neverwinter and Luskan, Port Llast and Helm's Hold, and some other areas of the Neverwinter Wood region. The High Forest is all too far East for our adventure.

Conversation Filters: I don't know who started making them, but Preston has since put together a bucket load (yes, you could fill a bucket completely to the brim) of conversation filters, with such clarifiers as same or different class, gender, and race, all additionally filtered by low, medium, and high intelligence, as well as low, medium, and high charisma, and so forth with wisdom, too, and whether or not a character has taken at least one level of each of the various classes.

So, you could have a dialogue that only works for a rogue with high charisma and low intelligence, should you wish, and it would take you all of the effort of sorting it out of a drop-down box.

One common trick we're using a lot is to have a PC say one thing, and then have a million (literally, or maybe I mean a billion) different possible responses based on all of the above-mentioned factors, and so many, many more.

Conversation is good! Chris Priestly is evil. Therefore, Chris is not conversation! And the editor is also, therefore, easy to use (otherwise it would be hard to use, which is bad, which is Chris, which is not conversation).

EQ Requirements: 256 MB minimum? 512 MB recommended? It's crazy how hardware seems to advance oh-so-quickly, yet software always manages to keep up.

Derek French, Assistant Producer:

Releasing Info:
    Well we certainly want to try to get you guys all the info that you would need for scripting. Can't say what it will be at this time, but it should be fairly impressive.

Chris Priestly, Quality Assurance

Evil News:
    I can confirm that (and I know Trent will not be happy about me leaking this to the public, but what the heck, I am evil after all) swords have been cut from NWN.
    Yep. Long, short, bastard, two-handed, etc, all gone. They were taking up valuable space. So no sword for you. Also gone? Hammers, axes, bows of all sorts (but not arrows, you are welcome to throw them at who-ever you want), daggers, staves, martial weaponry, pointy sticks, rocks... infact, now that I think of it pretty much anything that you can use to hurt anyone.
    Yep. NWN now stands for No Weapon Nation. Also your character must play the game with their hands tied behind their back. And they must wear very heavy boots.
    So there you have it. A definite confirmation. Happy now? No? Too bad.

So now you must ask yourself the following: "Awww that Chris is just joking around. They'd never do that. But then again... he is evil. And what he says saounds very evil indeed.... Nawww, he must be joking. Mustn't he?"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.