1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum Update

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Oct 15, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Darien)

Trent Oster, Producer:

More on Stolen Goods:
    The "stolen" flag can be removed by a merchant who purchases the item. Then you could buy it back. We are also looking into having the flag removed after a fixed time period as well. So not only is the theft important, but also the getaway. The only caveat is when you leave a server, all stolen goods are dropped.

In our story we will set the fence merchants to give a fairly bad deal on stolen goods. In your adventures, feel free to set all merchants as buying stolen goods and giving the same price. In fact, you could set up a guild who pay more for stolen items if you so choose. I apologize for not posting in more detail and explaining the system more thoroughly.

Paying Attention to the Fans: I'm sorry you feel we aren't paying enough attention. Most of the team has been pulling long hours trying to get a game together and haven't had much free time to post. We don't post anything as "Here's how it is, deal with it". In many ways the message boards serve as a sounding board for ideas. When we make the game, we get our best ideas together and then test them out. If the ideas make a better game, they stay in, if not, the ideas get yanked. We want to make the best game possible and we are trying to make that happen as quickly as possible.

Derek French, Assistant Producer:

NWN Vapourware?:
    I have been enjoying playing the vapourware. Seriously, though, NWN does exist and the whole team is working away on it. It will be released.

Level Cap: The level 20 limit is a 3rd Edition D&D limit. We are simply following the rules from WotC for NWN.

Module Creation and Game Hosting Questions:
    Q. We started modeling but then I read something on rpgplanet about not being able to edit new models?

Sorry, I don't quite understand your question. We haven't quite figured out how we are going to handle user created models.

Q. There are rumors that BioWare is going to make servers and host some mods..... but I guess not since I saw NWN on the Gamespy will support list.

No, BioWare will not be running any game servers.

Q. Since NwN probably going to use Gamespy can we use Gamespy for our mods too?

None of the internet matching/multiplayer has been finalized yet, so I cannot answer your question at this time.

Q. Can we design and underground city or I am asking too much.

Hmmmm. Interesting question. I gather that you mean using an underground tileset and having house features in it. I am not sure right off hand, but I will check Monday and find out.

Q. Will the teams that started making the mods have a chance of getting a beta copy of NWN toolset?

Sorry, but a pre-release of the Toolset is not possible. The Toolset would require almost all of the game data to be sent with it. The Toolset and the game are pretty much inseparable.

Bob McCabe, Writing & Design:

Recall vs. Teleport:
    Fan Quote, "I think i remember reading something about a recall spell. Don't know if it was in this game or another, but basicly you have a recall stone, place it at the spot you want to teleport to and you can do so whenver you cast that spell. Similar to ulitma onlines system."

Yuppers. This can definitely be worked. Excepting that you would have to use an item, not cast a spell, in order to get it to work. Think something more similar to Diablo's town portal scrolls, with the variable anchor.

Just pray on the bounce back that no one "accidentally" moved the anchor into a dangerous location...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.