1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum News

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Jun 9, 2004.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by chevalier)

Here are today's BioWare forum highlights, collected by NWVault. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

Georg Zoeller, Designer

what will be in the 1.63 patch

---------------
    In 1.63 Shifter 'medusa' still haven't got a bow? i hear that biowares were changing in 1.62 to add her a bow. But i didn't saw bow... It can be nice to play with shifter ranger attack. Did biowares in 1.63 add 'medusa' bow ?
    ---------------

As I have explained numerous times on this board already, the medusa had a bow in early development and that caused several problems forcing us to remove the bow. There are no plans to re-add the bow.

---------------
    Georg, in addition to drawing your attention to my question about possession (second post on page 3), i would also like to ask why there is a separate list of spells that can be activated by an item (iprp_spells.2da) from the list of all spells (spells.2da)? it may not make too much sense for an item to cast, for example, ShadowBlend (757), but i think the option should be available even so.
    ---------------

Because there would be absolutely no hope for LocalVault servers if there were not seperate lists Also many spells are creature abilities and shouldn't be on items at all.

---------------
    Yes, This happens with my avatar with my tool as well. It is really annoying. Maybe it would be better to see if this could be fixed as a bug. Bioware. Any chances of having the DM simply use the item and target the object without having them run to the corner of the area?
    ---------------

Items in your inventory have a location of 0|0 (said corner of the screen). If the character is told to get in to that location or in range, he will move there. It's not a problem for our spells that work on items in inventory (i.e. bless weapon, etc), so I assume that it has something to do with DMFI.

---------------
    Scripting request... a function GetIsValidLocation(lLocation) - returns TRUE if lLocation is inside the area borders, not in mid-air, and not inside terrain or occupied by another object, else returns FALSE. When you try to create/spawn an object in a location that isn't valid, it often hangs the game. While that hang would be nice to have fixed, it would be even nicer to also have a function that will check for location validity so that you can then look for a location that is valid in your script...
    ---------------

If GetAreaFromLocation (or so) returns OBJECT_INVALID a location is invalid. If you try to jump an object to an invalid location, it should (and to my expericence does never) hang the game. If you can get it to hang consistently, please file a bug report, but as said, I am unable to hang the game by jumping people somewhere bad. If a position is occupied the game will compute the nearest valid location and spawn the creature there.

---------------
    I feel a little foolish, but I really do not understand the functions GET/SETPhenoType and what that will add to the game, and how. I am not a modeler (but interested), I am a scripter. I see it has something to do with horses and a request from the modelers but I am just not visualizing the "big picture" yet. Would someone be able provide me an example or two, or perhaps just a good explaination?
    ---------------

I'm sure robert or one of the talented community modelers can explain it better, but a new phenotype allows you to have a new set of animations for your model, which opens a can of options . Check the Custom Content forum for more information about this.

second cd key
    You need one CDKey per copy of the game you want to run at the same time. If your friend comes over for a visit and you want to play with him, you need two cdkeys unless you play on the same computer, because running two copies of the game at the same time requires two CDKeys.

Getting rid of Relic of Reaper
    They can still be removed by scripting. I'll see if I can include a script into the next patch that can be used to destroy those items when spawned from the commandline. in the meantime, you can do the following

a) create a new module
    b) create a new script with the following contents

void main(){ object oItem = GetFirstItemInInventory(OBJECT_SELF); while (GetIsObjectValid(oItem) { SetDroppableFlag (oItem,FALSE); oItem = GetNextItemInInventory(); } SpeakString("You can now drop all nondroppable items");}

c) Close the script editor and save the script as nondrop.nss
    c) Save the module and load it up in the game
    d) Enter with your character
    e) Enter debug mode by speaking ##DebugMode 1
    f) Enter ##runscript nondrop

That's it.

---------------
    There won't be another expansion pack. The level cap *might* get raised with a new patch or via the digital distribution model, but don't hold your breath. The Toolset actually supports levels up to 60, so I guess it's always possible. 40 levels is enough to last for 2 years on most roleplaying-based servers that use server vault PCs.
    ---------------

The chances that the level cap would be raised are close to 0, there are several classes that would run out of feats if that happened. Plus *a lot* of data entry would be needed for that, several hundred familiar templated, etc, etc.

Craig Welburn, Live Team Programmer

Inventory problems
    We did fix some issues causing the inventory icons to not show up in the previous patch. We have found another way to get this to happen in the 1.62 version that we have fixed internally. Its possible that there may still be other ways to get this to happen that we are not aware of at the moment. All of the previous bugs that caused this to happen that have been fixed were caused by closing down the inventory panel while you had a container open (such as a placeable chest, or a magic bag in your inventory). If this is happening frequently to you in gameplay, its most likely because of your play style causes you to more frequently perform the same steps required to reproduce the problem. If you can determine what the steps are that cause this problem to happen, please send a bug report to nwbugs@bioware.com along with a step by step description of how to reproduce the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.