1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum News

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Jun 10, 2004.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by chevalier)

Here are today's BioWare forum highlights, collected by NWVault. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

Georg Zoeller, Designer

Spellhooking request: ONE Blade barrier at a time.
    Easy going. Change the spellscript to add an invisible visual effect (i.e. VFX_CESSATE_*) on the player for the same duration as the blade barrier. add a check to start of the spellscript to see if that VFX is on the character and originates from GetSpellId(). If that is the case, bail out with a floaty text "can't cast two bladebarriers". OR kill the previous blade barrier off (you would need to save a reference to the AoE object) and remove the VFX before applying the new one. I use this technique a lot (check melf's acid arrow).

ActionExamine... Where did it go?
    No, adding constants is not a valid reason, it can easily be done using the const keyword inside your scripts (best used in an include file). As always with those kind of threads, let me take the opportunity to say DO NOT CHANGE, MODIFY, EDIT, HACK, CLEANUP or MESS AROUND with nwscript.nss. This file is off limits. Changing it will break the game and should be punishable with severe beatings.

ActionExamine... Where did it go?

---------------
    So how do we scripting novices cater for adding functionality to a NPCs OnDeath event when 'GetSpawnInCondition (NW_FLAG_DEATH_EVENT)' has been removed from the OnSpawn event default script. (lines up to be first with his beating)
    ---------------

Ready the paddles You can still use magic numbers or add the constant to NWScript. That flag has only been hidden, not removed, mainly because it doesn't work reliably.

Rangers Witch Tumble in the Patch?
    The manual says no tumble so we can't add it.

what will be in the 1.63 patch

---------------
    if a player really wants to have a particular item in a module, he can also always edit the module himself and add it and its scripts before he plays - one nice thing about the modules is that they are all editable in their built state.
    though an official, patch-added "only with feat: " property would still be smoother as for the level 40 cap, one interesting thing to note is that the toolset can create mobs over that... mephistopheles at the end of hotu is a level 45 something. also, there may be ways to mod the level cap higher... i have heard of some persistent worlds in which it has been hacked as high as 120. of course, i have no examples. i dont even remember where i heard such a thing.. i have heard before that levels over 40 are just ridiculous for D&D, however.
    ---------------

There is no player data in the game for after level 40. Monsters can go to level 60 but monsters are not handled like players in the engine.

Getting rid of Relic of Reaper

---------------
    Actually, the error in compiling is the line underneath it, but I do see what you mean about the missing bracket in the other line. So, please, baring with those of us who can't script a single thing, and don't have much experience with building, could someone post the correct, fully working script? I'm sure I'm not the only person who would really appreciate it.
    ---------------

A full working script will be in patch 1.63

Camera_Mode_* question/request
    NWN has no support for any other camera modes than listed in those constants.

what will be in the 1.63 patch
    As this chat snipped shows, the GAME supports up to level 40 (you make characters in the game), the TOOLSET supports up to level 60 (because you make monsters/creatures) in the toolset, which is exactly the way it is included in Hordes.

Not another toolset thread.
    There was a beta version of the toolset released a few month before the game. The real toolset is only available on the Windows CDs (unless the guys from macsoft put it somewhere on the Mac discs). There is no download version of the toolset at the moment.

How do I use ConjGrndVisuals in scripting?
    I added a couple of those groundvisuals to visualeffects.2da a while back for testing and most of the vfx models were not really useable, but I think one or two can still be found in there (undocumented/no constant attached).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.