1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum News

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Jun 20, 2004.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by chevalier)

Here are today's BioWare forum highlights, collected by NWVault. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

Derek French, Live Team Producer

NWN:SoU European CD Key issues
    Hi there, time to cull the posts here to stay on topic. Again, for those of you having this problem, please use this to submit your CD Key for verification. If you have a legitimate issue then we will be able to resolve this for you. If your CD Keys do not display this issue, you will not get any help nor a response as we get many CD Key submissions on a daily basis. If we are not able to solve your problem, you will need to contact Atari support for your region.

Georg Zoeller, Designer

Complete lack of game manual
    I'm not aware of anything but the standard HotU edition that includes the manual being available on the shelves right now. I don't think there is a budget edition without manual, this sounds suspiciously like a manufacturing error, but you would have to contact Atari to find out for sure.

1.63 Patch

---------------
    FINALLY something informative about the patch. I really hope you guys finish it this month and I can't wait to see what has been done. Good luck at E3 and GDC.
    ---------------

Err, yea, GDC and E3 are over and they were very very successful for us, but thanks As for patch 1.63 and other things, there is a light somewhere at the end of the tunnel...

Overrides and Hakpaks
    Adding lots of stuff to your override folder is a bad idea, as it slows down the game. We will never add the ability to put hakpaks into override.

When will patch 1.63 be out?

---------------
    Looks like this overhyped patch has been debated and discussed at great lengths for many months now. Isnt it about time to disclose its ETA or its beta version anytime soon?
    ---------------

No. It will be released when it is done. It is not done yet. There is no estimated release date. And to prevent further overhyping, I'll lock down this thread.

Is Neverwinter Dead?

---------------
    saw the graphics to Dragon Age and I'm sorry, it has nothing on Lineage 2 or any other MMORPGs in terms of graphics and gameplay.
    ---------------

Really? Given that there are exactly 5 low resolution screenshots of Dragon Age out there, it's quite easy to get an educated opinion, especially on gameplay. I mean having a trailer is already enough to judge gameplay for most games out there, actually having 5 whopping screenshots is about as good as getting a working hands on a working demo copy, right ? As far as MMORPGs go, we do not compete with them, they are a complete different type of game. We create story driven single and multiplayer role playing games, not alternate worlds in which you can play for money. If you are looking for the latter, I suggest you look elsewhere as we have no plans to enter the overcrowded MMORPG market at this point.

a SetName function would be nice
    Again, I agree this function would be damn nice, but as already pointed out, it's not going to happen, unless hell freezes over (which occassionally seems to happen).

More:
    Ok - so it'll never happen in NWN, but how about Dragon Age?

I would say it's somewher on top of the list of things that are investigated

Nashers items
    The following link contains spoilers:
    http://www.bioware.com/games/game_secrets.html

Craig Welburn, Live Team Programmer

Macros
    You preface console commands with ##
    So you would add:

## dm_setfactiondefender

As your custom text macro.

what will be in the 1.63 patch [CONTINUES]

I wouldn't mind more epic traps and their DC being raised to epic DCs instead of using the same dc for deadly traps

Yeah we've already increased the DC on epic traps internally.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.