1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum News

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Jun 21, 2004.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by chevalier)

Georg Zoeller, Designer

Override

---------------
    GZ Thanks for the info but I think the main question here is there a work around? Is the live team even thinking about helping out in this area.
    ---------------

No, there are no plans regarding this. We discourage the use of the override directory for anything but debugging.

Server Sourcecode
    There are no plans to make the sourcecode to NWN server available.

Radial feats, spells and Target Type

---------------
    It's a hex code...I'm forgetting all of them at the moment, and I'm not at my computer, so I can't check. But it's something akin to 0x01 self 0x02 creature 0x04...etc etc... then you add the numbers together to get your end result.
    ---------------

I know I added those codes to the ccg wiki a while back.

Hardcore Henchmen
    You are playing on hardcore difficulty which means that if you hurt one of your henchmen, they might take it personal and hit back.

Looking to modify HOTU Crafting costs.

---------------
    It looks like the costs for the armor and weapon crafting are in those 2DAs. However, the only way I've seen for editing costs of making scrolls, potions, and wands is by editing a default Bioware include file, and then recompiling all spells. Is there an easier way to edit mage crafting costs? (Bioware?)
    ---------------

There is no need to recompile all spells anymore, recompiling x2_pc_craft.nss is sufficient to propagate any changes/additions made to the crafting system down to all spells.

Looking to modify HOTU Crafting costs.

---------------
    The problem here is not crafting costs; mine were changed across the board. The problem you should worry about is Bioware toolset values of the finished items, which merchants use to determine pricing. You don't want infinite gold items in multiplayer (items that are cheaper to create than you can sell them for), and if you don't you are going to want to watch your system, as changing Bioware's 2da pricing is a huge task involving a hak pak and some basic QA that Bioware couldn't be bothered with (sorry GZ, but this hurts multiplayer).
    ---------------

I suspect you wanted to say it hurts PWs (and you know our stance on that topic). QA has nothing to do with that. We had our discussions about that topic and the conclusion was items should be cheaper to create than they are sold for, otherwise it wouldn't make sense to create an item in the first place. The individual DM/builder can play around with component availability, store markups and markdowns or change what is available through crafting, including a complete shutdown of the crafting system if desired. Infinite gold would only come from infinite components, and that sounds a lot like the usual PW respawning stuff...

Complete lack of game manual

---------------
    Hmm.... well we went to the store today... and discovered that all the copies had no physical manual.... Incidentally, I found out that there's an online manual in a zipped file pretending to be a readme or something *sighs*... I mean, honestly, is it too much to ask for a physical manual these days?... I mean, fair enough if it's a $2 budget game, but for a game for A$50....
    ---------------

As said, HotU comes with a manual. if the manual is missing, this sounds like a manufacturing screwup.

1.63 Patch

---------------
    I must admit I'm getting more interested in when the patch is coming. Back in April it was a vague "2 months maybe". Is it likely another 2-3 months? Is it mired in the whole DD conversation you guys are having with the funding peeps? I don't mind if it is really but it's nice to have a vague idea. I mean it could be already be finished and have been sent up for Atari for testing for all I know And I know how long those guys take to test patches when they have current titles to send out.
    ---------------

Sorry, no can do. There are a couple of this "special" about this patch and there is more paperwork and other requirements involved with getting it out than previous patches. The release date of the patch at this time is depended on things not in our control, so we are unable to give even estimates. Could be soon, could be not so soon - there is no telling right now.

Craig Welburn, Live Team Programmer

2da Problems

---------------
    I disagree. We use about a dozen 2da overrides to correct some Bioware errors without resorting to using a hak, and we're just fine. By errors I mean outright bugs, not design issues, but those are nice to correct as well. Been using them for well over a year.
    ---------------

The proper way to deal with this IMO is to send in a bug report to nwbugs@bioware.com indicating which 2da files have errors (and the row/column that the error appears on in the 2da).
    That way we can fix any issues, so that you don't need to put any 2das in your override folder.

what will be in the 1.63 patch [CONTINUES]

---------------
    Are Trap Kits being fixed? It kinda sucks laying down some Frost Traps, only to have them become Negative.E Traps once you activate them. Also, a question on documentation. I know you've said "Lots and lots of spellscript fixes", but are these going to all be documented in the patch, or will we be left to figure out what's changed?
    ---------------

The Trap problem that you mention is a result of an error in one of the 2das. Some one reported the problem a while ago to nwbugs@bioware.com and we have fixed the problem internally, so yes that problem will be resolved. I believe we mentioned this already, but oh well. Lots of spell scripts have been fixed for the 1.63 patch. We have tried to document most of the changes that we've made, but its possible that we may have missed a few in our patch notes.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.