1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum News

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Apr 2, 2004.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by chevalier)

Here are today's Neverwinter Nights forum highlights. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

Bob McCabe, Writing & Design

Halaster's Magnifying Glass:

Quote: Nothing, it's good for nothing... like it says if you examine it: "this glass does not look like it has many uses except burning bugs" or soething like that...

Bzzzt! Try again. Unless I'm wrong and something was changed at the last moment, it does have one particular use...

Georg Zoeller, Designer

Darkness: The next patch adds darkness to the epic drow.

Patch 1.63:

Quote: Same with when someone joins the party too. Everyone goes flatfooted and then WHAM! the party is totally dead.

Patch 1.63 is going to correct that behavior for 90% of all actions. Some might still get cancelled as they would interfere with the party pvp settings, but most actions will no longer be cancelled when someone joins your party in 1.63. Yes, Craig is closing in on the really Old Ones (not to be mistaken for the Great Old Ones I guess)

Further:

Quote: Just to check, is this going to include the death magic attack? Will it be fixed for that too? Or does it fall in the 10% of actions that will not fix it?

I'm not sure if the death magic attack would be included in this or is a seperate issue. Best file a bug, must be something clearing the ActionQueue when EffectDeath() is applied. In the meantime it might be worthwile to try to add a check to the most commonly used death attack spellscripts to check for immunity and don't apply the effect if it is found - if you find the issue really annoying and want to get rid of it on your server before a patch.

Live Team: Just to throw in, the ClearAllActions when someone enters party has not been fixed due to constant complaining but to the fact that the Live Team is now slowly getting to bugs with lower priority in our bugfixing process. As much as you would like to believe otherwise, constant complaining has no impact on the way we assign priority to bugs - This issue was considered an annoyance, but not a bug, so priority on it was just not high enough to get it fixed in the previous patches. Otherwise, patch 1.63 will be very nice, lots of old friends from the bug faction had to take their leave. People who charge for their NWN worlds will continue to receive nice letters (and more attention in chronic cases) from the Atari Legal Department.

Further:

Feel free to send a complaint about server operators charging or "requiring to donate" to Derek French, we don't take these EULA violations lightly as it is hurting the community.

Not sure about the CPU usage problem, I know that someone (Tim I think) tracked down it was releated to a specific motherboard chipset, but as far as I know, we have not been able to reproduce it reliably to fix it (but I'm not on the Live Team, so I might not have the latest information).

Give And Take Level DM Radials: While Give And Take Level can never work on monsters, you can simulate it by scripting - but only on Level 1 monsters created in the toolset by using the LevelUpHenchman command. Since this functionality only works on specially prepared Level 1 Creatures, adding it to the radial wouldn't be good - people would just wonder why the command doesn't work most of the time

SetFacing Function: Note that, if we start at 0, we would end at 359. Technically 360 is out of bounds. It might wrap back to 0, but the valid input for this function is 0 to 359

Hit Points: No, this won't happen - the game does not support modification of HitPoints directly, it will render the character invalid. Hitpoint history is stored on the player and just taking away hitpoints would violate the character history.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.