1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum News

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Jul 8, 2003.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Veldrin)

Here are today's Neverwinter Nights forum highlights. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

Georg Zoeller, Designer

Creature Weapons: There are CREATURE (3x creature weapon , 1 x creature armor) inventory slots, you can access them with the standard scripting commands or via the toolset. You can only put creature weapon and creature armor in them.

David Gaider, Designer

Subraces: I'll just say this: sub-races, while interesting, are not equivalent to epic levels in terms of demand or marketability... not by a long shot. Regardless, they for sure won't be implemented in XP2.

Quote: Anywho... how about Magical Item Crafting then? Doubt it has the appeal that Epic Levels does. Besides, Epic PC's should be able to do that too, only better.

Item crafting is being considered. While maybe it doesn't have as much appeal in and of itself, the functions that allow this have a lot of spin-off benefits that certainly make it appealing for an expansion. That's not a promise though... like I said, we're considering it.

Al Schilling, Product Manager

SoU & Mac: We are very interested in bringing the SoU and any other future expansions to the Mac. We cannot make a "firm" statement one way or the other because in order to bring SoU or any other expansion to the Mac, we have to secure the rights to do so and sign a contract. Then, before we can make the "statement", we need to have every word, comma, and TM in it OKed by the lawyer of each party that has IP involved here. Those of you who've seen the multitude of logos at the bottom of our NWN web page might have some idea as to the scope of this. I'm sorry that I can't give you a definite "yes" or "no" on SoU but, for the reasons I just stated, that it not currently an option that is available to me. We would like to bring SoU to the Mac. We cannot guarantee that we can bring SoU to the Mac. We do not have complete control over whether we bring SoU to the Mac. If this is what you consider "double-speak" I'm sorry that I can't figure out a way to make it more clear for you. I'm just telling it like it is.

DM Client: I'm hesitant to jump in here for fear that this will turn into a huge argument over semantics. To give you an idea of what you can do with the DM client, here's some text from the manual. "The DM client is composed of 2 major components, the Creator and the Chooser." "The creator allows you to create instances of blueprints stored in the current module. Creatures, Items, Encounters, Waypoints, Triggers, Portals, and Placeable Objects can be created in this way." Using the Chooser, you can do things like Kill, Heal, Take Control, and Make Invulnerable. The DM client does not allow you to create new maps, etc. However, it certainly offers enough creative control to significantly alter the experience of a pre-made level. By dropping 3 Black Dragons into an area where a player was previously able to pass unchallenged, you've created an adventure that was not there for him before. I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.