1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum News

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by chevalier, Aug 24, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Here are today's Neverwinter Nights forum highlights, collected by NWVault. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

Jay Watamaniuk, Community Manager

NWCon 2.5
    Excellent news!

To multiclass or not to multiclass (cleric)
    With a Cleric you are already kind of multiclassed in a way. They are one of the most powerful classes in the 'new' systewm versus their couterparts in the old system. They are naturally fighter/Magic-users without all the messy multiclassing. If I had a 20th cleric I would stick to cleric as multiclassing is an excellent way to reach certain goals but with only 5 levels the benefits of sticking to cleric are more profound then throwing in a few levels of something else. If I had 5 levels of something to take I would have taken 5 levels of Paladin before switching to Cleric I think to enhance the fighting bit.

Classes Why?
    I have a very difficult time playing anything other than a Rogue. I always think that I am missing something when I go as a straight fighter and slap everything around. I am bit more of the finesse and planning type in my game. Also I tend not to take magic users because I never spend enough time learning the magic spells enough to use them to their best advantage. I think this is because I am hugely lazy. :)

Georg Zoeller, Designer

whats up with only 3 classes?
    In Pnp there is only a theoretical limit to how many classes you can tak.e In NWN you are limited to three, mainly for GUI reasons, through I think that 3 classes are enough anyway. And no, this won't change at any point in the future.

Banning from log files?
    the logfile has a "Player X logged in (PUBLIC CDKEY)" message.

AssignCommand not working on hacker
    The plot flag does not affect AssignCommands. I also suggest updating to 1.64 when it is out, it fixes half a year of reported security problems.

1.64 beta available

1.64 Beta 1 loads nice and quick. Unfortunately, I do get random crashes and exits everynow and again. The only thing I know at the moment is that it only seems to happen when I'm fighting, but it could be anyone, anywhere doing a number of things. A report like this, I would assume, wouldnt be useful without any addition information so does anyone has any suggestions or ideas on how to isolate an event such as this?
    I'm having a similar problem. I'm getting frequent CTD's. Doen't seem to happen under any specific circumstances, but it does seem to be soemthing like a buffer, or memory overload.
    We are investigating reports about an increased frequency of random crashes.

More:
    Anything we could do to help eliminate this problem?
    Find a common pattern so we can reproduce it reliably :)

What's the latest word on the WW series?

No confirmation? No hints? No one else cares to hazard a guess? :confused:
    Let Rob enjoy his vacation :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.