1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum News

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by chevalier, Aug 11, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Here are today's BioWare forum highlights, collected by NWVault. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

Georg Zoeller, Designer

How will DD be affected by the upcoming NWN2?
    Why should it be affected? NWN2 is more than 2 years out, so there is plenty of room for having DD in the meantime - to help pass the time till Dragon Age and NWN2 are ready - don't you think.

x0_inc_henhai compile errors

Bluntly, what we have is not the same source (at least not in total) as is used in the commercial game and expansions.
    I can rule that out for HotU. All scripts created for or modified for HotU (which includes default AI, henchman AI, spells for the entire game) have been run through the commandline compiler and the resulting .ncs and .nss files have then been packaged into the .bifs.

Patch Details?
    We do not release any exacty lists before a patch is released. The patch is not out yet, so nobody (except us) has a detailed list of changes.

Craig Welburn, Live Team Programmer

ping 1.63 ... response timedout

Quote: Well D.F. just gave a release date of Aug 13 for the 1.64 beta patch...
    No he didn't.
    Quote: We are hoping to have a Public Beta of this new 1.64 version out to you by the end of next week (~ August 13th).
    This is what they've been saying once a fortnight since April. So it means nothing.
    The comment that we've made by-weekly statements about potential patch release dates is an exaggeration at best. However, that being said some times an employee at BioWare may make a ballpark vague estimate/guess on when they think a patch may be released and it is usually just that "a guess". Since this is sometimes done when they haven't even spoken to the people that know about such things, which can be rather frustrating, their estimates/guesses can be completely wrong. On a number of occasions other staff at BioWare have posted about what I am personally working on, or even what I have said to them personally when in fact they have never even come to speak to me (a personal pet peeve of mine). If you have a question about what will be in a patch, or what code changes have been made I would take any answers you get from some one with a grain of salt (until the final patch notes are released). Some times we try to make changes/fixes with the best intentions and they don't work out for whatever reason, so they have to be removed if they can't be fixed before release.

The problem is that people tend to take all information posted as a fact/promise rather than as an estimate/guess (even though the poster explicitly stated that it was an estimate or guess) which is why we don't typically give release dates until a patch is essentially ready to go out the door. Oh and your previous statement about it being impossible for the 1.64 patch to be released before the Platinum edition is released by distributors is incorrect (not sure where you got that information from). The 1.64 patch will be released when its done. The Platinum edition will be released when its done (it has to be manufactured and distributed, which adds an extra time factor that could make it be out after the 1.64, I'm not exactly sure myself when its supposed to hit stores). I don't see any reason why these two things couldn't happen in either order.

More:

Well that at least is some positive news. I assumed, wrongly, that you would not wish to patch people straight from 1.62 to 1.64 because you would want 1.63 to be distributed first, like HoU went (1.59 was released before 1.60 was released). However I will take this with a grain of salt.
    LOL Nope we don't really care whether or not the 1.63 Platinum edition comes out before 1.64 or not, since we have no intention of patching people to 1.63. Actually we can't patch people up to 1.63 due to some technical reasons, which is why we're skipping over 1.63 in the patching process. Actually on second thought, I believe it would more desirable to have the 1.64 patch out before the 1.63 Platinum edition hits shelves, so that Platinum users can patch immediately up to 1.64 and then be compatible with everyone else that is playing online.

Stanley Woo, Quality Assurance

List Servers that want your money
    Please keep the discussion on-topic. Discussions like this have sprung up almost since the day NWN was first released, and our position is the same now as it was then:

If a PW or server offers a tangible in-game benefit to those that donate over those that do not, then it is more than likely in violation of the EULA. It doesn't matter what the PW/server calls it, whether anyone else agrees/disagrees with it, or whether that "benefit" is property, named items, quests, models, or even favourable GM intervention. I hope that clarifies things a bit.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.