1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum News

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by chevalier, Aug 9, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Here are today's BioWare forum highlights, collected by NWVault. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

Derek French, Live Team Producer

1.63 and 1.64 news

Curious though if the people who have payed out the money to get all the expansions will get access to the "updated Official Campaign modules". Or would we be required to buy Platinum to get access to this content.
    "updated Official Campaign modules" just refers to some minor bug fixing that was done in the Prelude and Chapter 2 modules of Original NWN, and some minor fixes in the HotU Official Campaign. There are no fixes for SoU in this update. The details will be in the patch notes. All of these fixes are in 1.63 and 1.64. All we did is put the OC fixes into 1.62 for the Platinum Edition and labled it 1.63 for sync reasons.

Georg Zoeller, Designer

ping 1.63 ... respone timedout

So where is it?
    In private beta. It will be released when it is done. Derek Posted the last update here: Click Here

Invisibility is worthless - anyone, including NPCs, can see invisible creatures by equipping a ranged weapon.
    Fixed in 1.64 For a list of things that have been already posted on this boards, check the link in my signature.

As for people not reporting problems in beta versions, I can understand how that might irritate the development team, but it's probably at least as irritating as reporting bugs and having them completely ignored for over a year.
    Bugs are prioritized, not ignored. If a bug is classified as "low priority", or there are many "high" or "very high" priority bugs in the system, they will not be fixed until they are in the line. Prioritizing bugs is done by us so in some cases we might have a different opinion about how important a bug is. If you are running a PW and your bug only affects NWN in PW setting, the bug is automatically less important to us than it is for you. We will still fix it, but any issues that affect i.e. the official campaign have higher priority. Anyway, 1.64 is close and it has a lot of things in it that have been on our bugtracker for quite some time.

More:

HWW thats only the beginning of the bug/exploit list... I could name about 50-100 more and some are documented in my Builders Notes of my second module.... But I am confident that with this patch they will finally fix some of the long standing bugs... Thats why I had mentioned in one of the threads that I think there should be 2 types of patches.
    1) small hotfixes that integrate into the system like a plugin. These would be fixes to 2da, scripts, etc.
    2) engine patches which would require a little more testing. This would be fixes to the engine.
    The hotfixes could be ditributed through gamespy and fix the "simpler" bugs. These could be posted every 1-2 months. Then every 3-4 months there could be the patch for the engine. Just an idea, but maybe Bioware can tell us why its not possible, or why it doesnt make sense to do it that way.
    Simple: Testing requirements. Things we roll out that modify NWN needs to be qa'ed and by contract, approved from several parties. These processes take time ... a lot of time. If you are running a MMORPG where your customers pay a monthly fee and have to run through the patcher every time they start, your modus operandi allows this stuff. For NWN, this would create support nightmare and block the live team from doing anything else.

Party = Lag

Seems to me that since there can in theory be 64 players the game engine should have taken this into account.
    That's why there is a "only one party" switch right on the server. If you switch it off, people can form parties for themselves which usually self regulates the server.

Tim Smith, Tools Programmer

looking for files, plz help
    Yeah, that is an internal thing. So when people modify NWSCRIPT.NSS or the given C/C++ source file, they know to edit the other file too. You won't ever see those files because you guys don't need them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.