1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum News (Sep. 21, 04)

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by chevalier, Sep 22, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Here are today's Neverwinter Nights forum highlights, collected by NWVault. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

Derek French, Live Team Producer

NWN Plat. v1.63
    Greetings: Sorry about the hassle over this issue. Atari had scheduled the release of the Platinum Edition for October and as such having it at 1.63 would work out fine as 1.64 will be out in early October. You can imagine our suprise when we found copies of NWN Platinum in local stores over the weekend. Unfortunately, we have already left Beta 3 behind internally and are building and testing the Final 1.64 version. It is too late for us to go back and make a 1.64 Beta 3 for Platinum owners at this time, as it will just delay 1.64 Final. When the Final 1.64 update is released there will be a 1.63 to 1.64 Update, as with all of our previous updates. Again, our apologies over this issue, but there is little we can do about it now.

Craig Welburn, Live Team Programmer

Platinum 1.63 can't play online with 1.62

I tried to do this but once I reverted it from 1.63-1.62 I had an error when booting up the game *suprised* (not). The game seemed to now think that I didnt have the CD in the CD tray... so. -_- now I must wait.
    Darn I was hoping that would work, but the CDs that come with the Platinum edition are slightly different (the DVD is a lot different :) ), so yes it looks like the critical rebuild trick wont work after all. :cry:

James Henley, Technical Designer

SetCreatureAppearanceType

Thanks for the hint. I didn't know that about F2...
    I don't think very many people do. Even I didn't, for a long time. It's pretty handy if you haven't memorized the function names yet.

Custom Token Scope
    Off the top of my head, I'm fairly sure that the custom tokens are unique and will travel between conversations.

How viable is this idea? (Somewhat) True teleportation.
    If you want to avoid adding a hak pack, then at the very least you could store locations on the PC and have them accessible via a conversation triggered by the use of the teleporting item. As for how you store locations, that would be up to you. Perhaps you could activate the item and it will let you select 1 of X slots to store the location in, so that you don't accidentally overwrite a place you really don't want to drop from your list.

That's just a couple quick thoughts.

Lilac Soul'S Nwn Script Generator
    Just thought I'd drop a post here to congratulate you on the Script Generator's resounding success, Lilac. It's done a lot of good for the community.

Looking for Good Tank Build
    A fighter/barbarian/weapon master mix can dish out some pretty hefty amounts of damage, and the ability to go into a rage is a nice bonus. I've played a few like that, and they do pretty well. Of course, being a dwarf helps you absorb all the more damage, too.

Looking for Good Tank Build

AFAIK the DD is also the only class that gets d12 HPs/lv and the Defensive Stance skill further raises your STR and CON bonuses: great for a tank!
    For the record, Barbarians also have a 12-sided hit die progression, and their Rage ability increases strength and constitution also. I can't recall off the top of my head, but I think Rage gives bigger bonuses than Defensive Stance, at higher levels.

Possible To Make New Ranged Weapon Classes?
    It is not, at this point, possible to create new ranged weapons. You would have to overwrite one of the existing entries.

Should I start the expansions first?
    There are some recurring characters in the original game's campaign that appear in Hordes of the Underdark. If you're only just getting in, I'd probably suggest going with the Shadows of Undrentide campaign. It's a 1st level start, with no prior knowledge of any characters required. Hordes has a great campaign but it's epic level, so if you haven't played the game before it might be a bit overwhelming for a first-off try.

Custom weapons?
    You need to edit the baseitems.2da file to add references for the weapons statistics, model, etc. Neverwinter Vault has a custom content guide that explains it in detail.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.