1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum News (Sep. 15, 04)

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by chevalier, Sep 16, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Here are today's Neverwinter Nights forum highlights, collected by NWVault. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

Derek French, Live Team Producer

NWN:SoU European CD Key issues
    Greetings: If you have recently purchased Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide in the European market and are having problems playing online or registering your CD Key, you will need to submit all of your CD Keys for validation. For those of you having this problem, please use this link support@bioware.com?subject=European%20CD%20Key%20issue to create an e-mail or send a new e-mail to support@bioware.com with the Subject line of "European CD Key issue". If you have a legitimate issue then we will be able to resolve this for you. If your CD Keys do not display this issue, you will not get any help. If you are still having problems, please see the following link so that you can contact Atari Tech support in your country in Europe.

Jay Watamaniuk, Community Manager

15 Sep 2004 - NWN - The Stink On Trogs
    I think that the special ability listed is more of a saucy way of saying they do not have any special abilities apart from being angry. :)

Craig Welburn, Live Team Programmer

1.64 Beta 3 available.
    Hey I think the 1.64 beta 3 is now available. [​IMG]

James Henley - Technical Designer

Sad Isnt it
    Try checking out Neverwinter Connections. That's where I used to play, before BioWare employed me. They have a really solid set-up, and it's a good place to find like-minded roleplayers and games that offer a ruleset you can enjoy. No, this is not an official BioWare endorsement. This is my opinion and mine alone, being an ex-user of the NWC site.

Question about # of attack for a monk
    The extra attack granted by Flurry of Blows is not listed on your character sheet, but you will still be getting it. It's the same way with Rapid Shot, for instance. Also, you only ever get a single offhand attack at the most, no matter what feats/abilities are in play. So if you count it off when you're actually playing, there should be a total of 7 attacks. Rather than count the animations, count the to-hit rolls at the bottom, because sometimes it doesn't animate every attack when you have that many. After all, it's trying to cram 7 attacks into 6 seconds. That's an attack every 0.85 seconds or so. The animations aren't quite that quick.

More: That's right, I'd forgotten about improved two-weapon fighting. Silly me. :good:

New player set to level
    You're going to want to use a GetEnteringObject() command to get the PC that enters, and check to make sure it's a PC using GetIsPC(). If it's a PC, you want to use GetXP() to see how much experience they have, and if the value is 0, you want to use GiveXPToCreature() or SetXP() to give the PC experience. Follow that up with GiveGoldToCreature() to give the PC the appropriate amount of gold. Well, those are the functions you need in the order you need them. Hope that helps you out some.

Remove all spell effects in area
    That script assumes that the effect is being applied to the area, though effects are never used in that fashion. You'd be looking at more of a double-nested loop; one to get each object in the area, one at a time, and one to remove every effect from the objects as you call them up in the first loop. While it wouldn't be hard to write, it wouldn't be very friendly on the resources either.

Anyone disappointed? It looks like kobolds in different skins.
    If you look Troglodytes up in the Monster Manual, they honestly don't look all that different from Kobolds really. They're a lot like a beefed up version of them. I, for one, am glad to see them being added to NWN. They were always a staple monster, to me, when I used to play AD&D. ;)

Johnn Four, Web Developer

My best memory of trogs is from the PnP module, Forge of Fury. There's a big nest of them on a lower level. When the PCs I GM'd stumbled onto them they threw oil in, blocked the cave entrance, and fled. They returned later to clean up, but the trogs were ready for them. I remember it took the PCs several forays into the trog lair before genocide was complete. :) Calgacus: critters and other content aren't in the beta. They will be in the final update though.

[ September 16, 2004, 20:15: Message edited by: chevalier ]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.