1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum News (Oct. 13, 04)

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by chevalier, Oct 14, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Here are today's Neverwinter Nights forum highlights, collected by NWVault. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

Craig Welburn, Live Team Programmer

DM Client crash in 1.64?

2 DMs I've talked to also report crashes when not running in Windowed mode, Alt-tabbing. So two bugs so far:
    1) Alt-Tab crashing
    2) Shift-click doesn't clear the action queue.
    Thanks to those that sent in bug reports about these issues. I've made a fix for issue number 2, which should be in the next patch when ever that ends up being released. Issue number 1, I haven't been able to reproduce myself yet. So any additional info you guys could supply on how to reproduce the problem would be greatly appreciated (although it sounds like the problem might not be happening for every one).

Good job on 1.64, BioWare.
    Ah its nice to find a positive thread for a change. :) Thanks for the support

Bulette and Troglodyte resources

I have updated to 164 and it works fine but when i go to the toolset and creat or open a module with Bulette or Troglodyte they have no icons or models so they dont show up i can edit the creature stats but i cant place them same with the new skies to the game resources. Other then that the game and toolset works fine.
    The most likely reason that this is happening is that your module uses a hak pack (such as the CEP) and you haven't updated the 2da files in the hak pack to be compatible with the 1.64 patch.

v1.64 & Module 2DAs now static?
    We made changes to the way resources are cached in memory in order to improve performace in the game. The caching improvements mean that your 2da will now be cached in memory while the game is running (rather than the game retreiving it off the hard drive every time).
    That is why you can no longer change the 2da file while the game is running.

DelayCommands

Craig, weren't those DelayCommands the fix for the GetFirst / GetNextObjectInShape bug? If we remove them, won't it reintroduce the problem?
    That is indeed why the DelayCommands were added. However, the fix for the GetFirst / GetNextObjectInShape issue has created a new issue. I just wanted to point out the script that changed for any one that wants to go back to the previous behavior until the problem can be addressed in a patch.

Modules not loading in NWN server
    If the module failed to load, check the server log file. The log file will "usually" tell you why the module failed to load.

Subnet profiler question
    Would anyone that is running the profiling tool on their server be able to send in their profile reports to nwbugs@bioware.com? We are a bit curious about the results people are getting (especially when the server has been up and running for a prolonged period of time). It would also be helpful to have some information about the type of module/server you were running when you generated the report. Such as how big the module is, how many areas it has, are you running a PW or some other type of module, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.