1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum News (Oct. 12, 04)

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by chevalier, Oct 14, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Here are today's Neverwinter Nights forum highlights, collected by NWVault. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

Rob Bartel, Senior Designer Live Team

how do I know if I entered my cdkey right
    Yes, the web guys say they're aware of a problem in the out-of-game CDkey registration process and they're working on a fix. Not sure of the current status. In the meantime, the in-game authorization process appears to be working just fine. Sorry for the confusion,

Georg Zoeller, Designer

GetHasSpell() in 1.64 couse crashes?
    I think the 2da may not be loaded correctly under linux because of windows line breaks. Another thing. All the "spells" this problem happens with are not spells, they are feat connected spells, meaning that you should rather test for the feat than for the spell.

GetHasSpell crash hotfix
    No spells in the spellbook at all would indicate that the server failed to load the 2da at all. Same with rendering characters invalid. I would guess it might be connected to windows page breaks (I exported the 2da from excel) as well as any changes your browser might do the the 2da when downloading it. Running a shell script to get rid of windows page breaks will probably help.

More: I didn't really think of linux line breaks when creating the 2da. You can always create the fixed 2da by using your favourite linux editor yourself. take spells.2da, find the spells that have a 10 in the "Innate" column and change it to 9. best verify the result by restarting the server (completely) and create a wizard character, if spells show up correctly, the 2da is fine to go.

Client Cached Areas
    First off NWN is not a PW Toolkit and it will never be. As for the loading process, the data for the actual area / static objects is not really the expensive part, mobile objects, nonstatic placeables and players however are.

Craig Welburn, Live Team Programmer

Illithid city problem, possible bug
    There was an issue with killing everything in sight causing you to not be able to get back into this area. A believe a fix for this issue made it into the 1.64 patch (although I don't know if the fix will retroactively fix already existing saved games or not).

Subnet profiler question
    Here is the breakdown for players:
    Name = Player Name
    CD = Player's Public CD Key.
    Time = Total time client was connected in milli seconds.
    Sent = Total Bytes sent to client.
    Recv = Total Bytes received from client.
    Average Send =Avg bytes sent per second to this client.
    Average Recv =Avg bytes received per second from client.

Here is the breakdown for the server:
    Total Server Running Time = Running time in milli seconds
    Sent = Total Bytes sent by server.
    Recv = Total Bytes received from clients.
    Average Send = Avg Bytes sent per second
    Average Recv = Avg Bytes received per second

More:
    Still haven't gotten this to work.
    The setting needs to go in the nwn.ini file, NOT the nwnplayer.ini file (I believe that's the most common reason that it doesn't work for people at the moment). It goes under the [Game Options] heading.

GetHasSpell crash hotfix
    Managed to take a look at the code now that I'm back at work. Its definately the innate spell level of 10 that is causing the problem with calls to GetHasSpell(). I've put an internal fix in for the problem which should become available in the next patch, but I have no idea when the next patch will become available at the moment. So in the meanwhile avoid calling GetHasSpell() with any of the following spell IDs (I believe this is all of them):

499 SPELL_ROD_OF_WONDER
    500 SPELL_DECK_OF_MANY_THINGS
    503 SPELL_DECK_AVATAR
    628 SPELLABILITY_PM_DEATHLESS_MASTER_TOUCH
    636 SPELL_EPIC_HELLBALL
    637 SPELL_EPIC_MUMMY_DUST
    638 SPELL_EPIC_DRAGON_KNIGHT
    639 SPELL_EPIC_MAGE_ARMOR
    640 SPELL_EPIC_RUIN
    695 epic warding

Alternately, you can also use Georg's suggestion of changing the innate spell level from 10 to 9 for all these spells in the spells.2da. That should fix the issue too.

1.64 BUG : electric traps broken
    Thanks for sending in the bug reports on this. I believe the problem was caused by a change to the scripting command TrapDoElectricalDamage() in nw_i0_spells.nss. The applied damage is now being wrapped in a DelayCommand() call, so the damage is now trying to be applied after the trap has destroyed itself (and as a result the damage is not applied, which is why traps that are not OnShot don't have this problem).

Until the next patch comes out, you should be able to fix this issue by removing the DelayCommand() calls for the following lines:<snipped-please visit thread> And then recompiling all the related scripts.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.